Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Last-minute entries & inspired by Lindsey!

I was definitely flattered to see that I was in the top 3 over at Inspired By Stampin' Inspiration Challenge for last week's sketch  - I knew I wanted to play along with the inspiration photo this week, but for some reason I just couldn't get an idea going until this morning. There are only 7 hours left in the challenge - hey, still lots of time! IBSIC has a bit of a different take for their inspiration challenges - they provide a photo, and some guidance as well. Here's the inspiration photo:

Inspired by Stamping Inspiration challenge

And the directions: This week we have a Garden Theme for the challenge. Please use Pink, Green and Creams as your main colors.

I knew I wanted to use this particular rose sticker - it just took me some time to bring it all together.
Supplies: rose sticker from PSX;
all papers from Bo Bunny;
standard & lacy circle Nesties;
Peeled Paint distress ink;
Hero Arts sentiment
The cream circle is on a layer of foam tape, and the pink is on another. If you have time in the next 7 hours (or so, lol), check out this challenge at IBSIC - and stay tuned for the new one, posted Thursday.

And talk about mulling over a design for a long time - the Young Crafters Unite button challenge (#12) has been open for weeks, and I kept adding buttons to cards that were for other challenges. This morning, I was adamant that I would make a new card, with a button frame - something I love to do. What popped into my head was this really lovely card that Lindsey at Bashful Blogging posted on Monday, clean & simple tulips. I love how she embossed the tulips in white, and kept a white border around the main panel, and I included that in my card. Thanks for the inspiration, Lindsey :)

Supplies: tulips stamp from PSX;
Versamark & white EP (Stampendous);
Dusty Concord distress ink (for envelope & inked edges);
standard circle Nesties;
corner rounder; purple buttons from stash
Because I sew my button frames, I wanted to do that on an extra layer of card stock to hide the back of the stitching. Once I was done, I trimmed the edges carefully & rounded the corners of the panel, and inked the edges directly with the ink pad. The panel is then glued directly to the card base.
There are 10 hours left for the Young Crafters Unite challenge, so hardly last minute at all! Actually, that's enough time that I might end up being able to come up with another card...stay tuned :)

xoxo,
Jessi




11 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

You know I love your button frames. I can only imagine the time it takes to do this, and as I always say to you....How do you have time!

Your IBS card is gorgeous! I mean really stunning! You nailed it lady!

Lindsey said...

Both these cards are beautiful, Jessi! And thanks so much for the shout-out. :)

Jingle said...

These are both so pretty!

kingstonmama said...

Pretty cards! Sewing all those buttons must take ages - but so worth it, I think. :) ann

lostinpaper said...

Beautiful cards Jessi! Love the button frame!

~amy~ said...

love them both but oy vey...check out that snazzy button frame!

Angela said...

Lovely cards...I would have never guessed the first one had a sticker! Why do they get such a bad rap?

Ren-Yi said...

what a gorgeous button frame! i will have to CASE that ideas sometime! Thanks for stopping by my wee blog and leaving such encouraging comments! :)

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card, but OMGosh, you actually sewed all those buttons??? That would make me crazy(if I wasn't already!). *~D

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful garden flower cards.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I love both of your cards! You are so talented! Thanks for playing at IBSIC last week! Hugs, Joanna