Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Shopping our Stash #124 - Halloween OR black & orange!


I know, it's crazy - a Halloween challenge? But you know we had to! Don't celebrate Halloween, or you're all done making cards for this year? That's ok! Shop your stash for an orange & black creation for another occasion. We like to make it easy at Shopping our Stash :)  


Supplies: papers from Cosmo Cricket; banner die from WPlus9; sentiment from PTI; Seedless Preserves distress ink; ghost button from Dress it up; googly eyes; classic small oval Nesties


That ghost button? At least 5 years old. It had funny eyes - I have no idea why it took me so long to think of using googly eyes over top of the 'slits' the button has....I suppose because the button just HAD to be on THIS card? I can envision this turning into quite the digression, but I'll spare ya. Not much sleep last night, and it's showing. I think I might be too old to stay up that late ;)

Come & play along with this challenge until next Monday,October 28th hop on by & leave the rest of my teamies some love!


It feels strange to be so excited about a nap when it's only 6:30 AM, but I am. *yawn*
xoxo,
Jessi

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

I'm not a purple girl but love it teamed up with orange for halloween. Super cute card and LOL on the googly eyes.

lauren bergold said...

oh wow! this is even MORE awesome now that i know the ghost is a BUTTON to whom you've added those (FAB!!!) googley eyes. ♥!

on a side note: i searched all over for my googley eyes last week, to use on my own cards for this challenge. last spring i bragged that we'd moved without losing ANYTHING... that was before i knew... about the googley eyes. (cheering myself up by picturing the moving men sat at home of an evening making halloween cards with MY googley eyes,lol!) :) :) :)

jimlynn said...

I've never seen a ghost button before and it's darling!! Love the googly eyes!
Totally precious card with all that patterned paper too! Super cute.
Lynn

Lindsey said...

That ghost button really did need to be on this card, so I'm glad you solved the eye problem. Fun mix of papers!

Annette Allen said...

heehee cute card.. love the google eyes..

Darnell said...

This is such a warm and fuzzy card, Jessi!! I just love your googly-eyed ghost trying to climb up into the crib to be with his playmates!! Hugs, Darnell

Glimpses of My Heart said...

This is so cute! I love the googly eyes! I probably would have pitched the button and tried to come up with something else :) Anyway, very cute!!
Blessings,
Michelle

Greta said...

Darling card, Jessi!

Dawn said...

So cute! LOVE the ghost button with his little googly eyes :) and the sentiment is perfect. Hugs, Dawn

Chris Dring said...

What is this sleep you speak of? I know not what it is either. (yawn) Oh, your card? Brilliant, as always! I'm so glad you waited until making this card to use that ghost button. It's found it's home here!

Debbie said...

Cute happy ghosts!! Googly eyes are so fun!

Barbara Godden said...

I love purple and that ghost is so cute with the googlie eyes.

Peanut said...

You're right- those googly eyes are sooo scary! LOL. Love that cute guy!