Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Christmas Creatures

If it wasn't for the last minute, yada yada yada....I have a whole bunch of cards for the Christmas Creatures challenge at jingle belles - critter cards are always some of my favourites, and the Christmas variety are JUST SO CUTE!

Supplies: sentiment & puppy from Inkadinkado; snowflakes from PTI; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Mustard Seed distress ink; Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder; Bic Markers; white liquid enamel stuff (lol) from Ranger; Sakura black glaze pen; Yellow Daisy glimmer mist from Tattered Angels


I dotted the pup's eyes with the Glaze pen, and coated the snowflakes with white enamel. The, uh, puddles are done by dabbing the glimmer mist on with a paintbrush, and 'yellow' highlighted as well. This is a set of 6 cards :)


Supplies: Deer & sentiment from Inkadinkado; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; deer paper from Memory Box; dotted papers from Studio Calico; Paper Smooches kraft twine; cream twine; button from stash; Bic Markers



Supplies: polar bear stamp from Imaginisce; Spectrum Noir markers; bear paper from Memory Box; classic small circle Nesties; Sizzix labels die 

Tattoo update - rescheduled for Saturday afternoon. I CAN'T WAIT! :)
xoxo,
Jessi

25 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

These are adorable love the 1st one with the yellow snow . I have that stamp but never thought of highlighting the snow --great idea.

Donna said...

Awesome cards Jessi!!
Don't eat yellow snow LOL that's awesome!!!
Love the adorable polar bear and reindeer too!!

jimlynn said...

OMGoodness!! You've been BUSY! These are all so pretty and cute. Of course that first one just steals my heart! Too fun and it's darling!!! Love the way you used the enamel on the "snow" flakes too.
Great set of cards!
Lynn

Beverley said...

This trio of cards brightened my day, love the sentiment on the first, it made me giggle! Hugs Bev x

Grandma Bonnie said...

Ha, ha..i am still chuckling about the first card in this batch..they are all super fun!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Woo-who! Great cards!

I have the first stamp, too. It is one of my favorite Christmas stamps. And...the puppy has a very good piece of advice. :)

Angela said...

So dang cute...the yellow snow makes me hoot with laughter...thanks, I needed that!

P.S.
Good luck with the tattoo!

Dana said...

Oh my! The first card is hilarious!!! I love it!! And the other ones too, of course, but that first one, i cant stop laughing!!

Annette Allen said...

lol.. love the don't eat yellow snow.. so FUN.. love all the other cards too.. so cute

lauren bergold said...

OMG!!! these are BEYOND brilliant! i looooooooooove the kissy kissy reindeer, i LOVE the sweetie polar bear, but OF COURSE the yellow snow one is PRICELESS!!! frank zappa would totally have made you his official holiday cardmaker, i am SURE of that!!! :) :) :)

Debbie said...

These are all soooo cute!! The yellow snow is my fave!! LOL

Unknown said...

I LOVE these! The images matched to papers is adorable! The yellow snow is so cute lol

Can't wait to see the tattoo update

Barbara Godden said...

Thanks for the morning giggle, love all your cards, the first one is my fav. Looking forward to the tattoo update. (fingers crossed)

Chris Dring said...

Reading everyone's comments, looks like we all share the same snarky sense of hunor! Lol! These cards are all so fabulous Jessi, but you know my favorite is the yellow snow cards!

Peanut said...

I must say the first gave a me the giggles! I'll keep it in mind when I step out! Such an adorable trio. You make it look so easy! BTW, I can't wait for Saturday afternoon too!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

walchowDesign said...

I wonder how did you manage to keep still while making the yellow snow, Jessi! This is hilarious and I love all of them - so adorable!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

These are all so fun and adorable - true Jessie style!!! LOVE them!!!

Greta said...

Oh Jessi, these are so cute!

SmilynStef said...

What an adorable group of holiday cards ... the yellow snow one made me snort ... so glad you joined our Creature Feature at jingle belles.

Marie said...

So cute, Jessi. Love how you popped the head up foam dots.

lostinpaper said...

These are just too cute Jessi!

Dawn said...

These are all so cute! The first one cracks me up :) Hugs, Dawn

Emily Keaton said...

These critters are just adorable, Jessi!! I always love what you make with that yellow snow stamp. Thanks for the giggles!

Nance said...

These are all so adorable! You rock the critters! The "yellow" snow has to be my fave! LOL Waiting to go to the airport, will be home in 12 hours and then can get crafty again!

Lindsey said...

Hey! We have the same polar bear stamp! The yellow snow card is completely you, Jessi. ;) All of them are great!