Friday, October 6, 2017

So. It's been a while....



It's been over a year since my last post.  I've contemplated what to write many times, but just haven't been able to begin.  I am blogging from my phone and already quit twice because sheesh I am going to have to relearn how to do this too? 
My battle with mental health has taken a great deal of energy, and my physical health hasn't been stable either.  In October of last year I was referred to an internist to finally get to the bottom of the fatigue, pain, and digestive problems I've been coping with for years. Since that time I've seen a gynecologist, gastroenterologist, general surgeon, and psychiatrist. I developed anemia which was unresponsive to treatment with prescription supplements.  I had uterine ablation, and weeks of IV iron treatments. Multiple biopsies and hospital visits , coupled with exhaustion to the point I could barely walk around the house. I have celiac disease. 
So the treatment is a gluten-free diet. Unfortunately, the symptoms were dismissed for so long (19 years) that as a result of long term damage to my small intestines, I have multiple complications associated with celiac.  It affects your pancreas (hello, resistant to treatment diabetes), your spleen (constantly sick), your reproductive system (endometriosis-like symptoms), your gallbladder  (still being evaluated for gallbladder disease), skin conditions  (chronic boils and infections), osteoporosis, and ultimately your brain (balance and memory issues).
I also have bipolar disorder, was recently also diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, and have been struggling with depression and suicide.




I haven't been able to make cards. I've found an outlet in canvas, and I'm grateful for the tiny steps back to creating. The anxiety and depression have made me afraid to do most things, and the physical toll of recovery is overwhelming.  I miss my friends, but I'm unable to reach out. I miss going to the market, but I'm terrified to interact with groups of people. Even going to the grocery store is something that requires preparation and advance planning.  Going  for more than a few hours means bringing a bag with insulin, needles, blood testing equipment, and enough guaranteed gluten-free food to keep my sugar from dropping too low....and trust that the gluten-free food I order hasn't been cross contaminated. Even crumbs in the butter are enough to induce nasty gastro consequences. 
My sense of self is badly battered. I'm unable to remember things from day to day (sometimes even less than that). I can no longer focus well enough to read a book. I can read,  but more than a few chapters and I get confused and lose track. I lose my train of thought while speaking.  Words and art have been my life long solace, and I am struggling to regain those skills.
There's no shame in mental illness.  Intellectually I know that. The social struggle of explaining why I've become a hermit is daunting.  Sharing this is something I feel might help me continue to recover.  I joke that, for someone who continually wishes for her own death, I'm awfully conscientious about my diet and medications. I want to feel better.  I don't want to die, not truly. What I want is to feel comfortable in my own head. And maybe,  maybe,  telling all of you that I've spent so much time actively fighting to not kill myself will help.
Xoxo,
Jessi 

38 comments:

Donna said...

I love you sooooooo very fucking much sistah!
I love this post for a few different reasons
Firstly, you are brave and courageous to blog so honestly about your struggles, I wish I had your strength there
Most of us try to hide it and fake it through life (I am ONLY speaking for myself here)
I also love that you are creating
And creating what is in your heart
Fight that fight sister, fight hard, fight strong, keep fucking fighting, every day, every hour every minute

Dotty Jo said...

Everything Donna said! You are awesome, Jessi, Jo x

Chris Dring said...

As Donna said, my Evil Doublemint Twin, I LOVE YOU SOOOOO FUCKING MUCH!! I'm sitting here crying from reading this incredible post. Sad tears for all that you have gone through, and still battle through. I so wish that I could reach through the computer, wave a wand, and magically make all your health issues go away. Happy tears because you are still here with us, and you've found comfort in crafting again. Your canvases are absolutely stunning and raw and speak volumes. I'm sending you so much cyber love right now and hope that you get it asap! Keep fighting. Never stop fighting. Love you Jessi!

Deena said...

You are doing it. :). Baby steps my girl. You will overcome these obstacles. Don't let them beat you down.

Barbara Godden said...

Not much I can add, baby steps and you know you have us "sisters" to talk to. Your canvases are awesome. Hugs from me my friend.

Jen W. said...

You are amazing, Jessi. I'm sorry you've been struggling but so admire your brave and honest words. Your canvases are incredible - they take my breath away.

Andrea W said...

Your canvas creations are beautiful and I'm glad you've found a way to express your creativity. Health issues are no fun especially when you don't know what's causing the issues. Now that you have your diagnosis hopefully the struggle is more manageable. Thinking happy thoughts for you! Hugs from Oklahoma, USA.

Carol L said...

I just dropped your name a couple days ago with a card I made bearing one of your beautiful crocheted medallions, and here is a post from you! I'm so sorry to learn of your struggles for so long and for being misdiagnosed for much too long as well. I think you're very brave to face it head on, say it, and deal with it the best way you know how. Create on canvas and express yourself any way you can! Keep fighting girl!! {HUGS}

Lindsey said...

❤️

Mimi said...

Hi, Jessi. I just am now seeing this and my heart goes out to you. Don't know you, hardly-- I joined SOS as you were bowing out to focus on your kids. But I do know celiac's well (husband diagnosed years after onset-- super fun... ) and I do know mental illness. Your post was admirable in it's frankness-- you are brave and I hope addressing some of the physical health issues (I know: once you find something that works!!!) will positively affect the mental ones... at least that has been my experience. Hang in there!!! Keep on craftin'!!!

Clipping Solutions said...

very helpful information, thank you very much this can be very useful for us all.
Photo Editing Services

Plusone said...

Thanks for the good article
Play บาคาร่า think of gclub

หาเงินง่ายๆ said...

ask for permission gclub

saqqq said...

Let's play to solve boredom. Gclub gclub That gives us fun บาคาร่า

Unknown said...

Keep on trying.
Gclub
บาคาร่า
คาสิโนออนไลน์
บาคาร่าออนไลน์

Unknown said...

You outdid yourself today!
Gclub
บาคาร่า
คาสิโนออนไลน์
บาคาร่าออนไลน์

thanida said...

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
sagame66

news.th said...

La bonne chose que vous devez essayer gclub

หนังใหม่2019 said...

C'est cool. Jouons. gclub Ne soyez pas en retard, jouons. บาคาร่า

thanida said...

This is just too good of an infomations,I suck at that and i really want learn.
ufabet

murakami said...

Very inspirational post . I will definitely use your tricks
bk8

thanida said...

This post will surely help me to take right decision,thanks for the great tips!
โครงหลังคาสำเร็จรูปpeb
หลังคาpeb
รับสร้างโครงหลังคาสำเร็จรูป
peb
โครงหลังคา

السيد محمود said...


شركة عزل فوم بالخبر
شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالخبر
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالخبر
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالدمام
شركة عزل فوم بالاحساء
شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالاحساء
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة الحمام بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة الفئران بالجبيل

moto kurye said...

moto kurye

moto vale

ilaç kurye

motor vale

acil ilaç

Unknown said...

ufabet
ufabet
แทงบอลออนไลน์
คาสิโนออนไลน์
สล็อตออนไลน์
บาคาร่า

James David said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing article, it is a very informative post good work keep it up.
digitizing company

Unknown said...

ใจปล้ำใจป๋ายิ่งกว่าเว็บใดๆ แตกง่ายจ่ายจริงไม่ติงนัง ถ้าคุณเล่นได้พวกเราจะบิดกันทำไมล่ะเว็บเรามันของจริงไง Superslot98
ไม่มีโกงเหมือนเว็บทั่วไปหรอกเว็บทั่วไปแม่งโกงแม่งบิดเพราะว่ามันกระจอกแต่เว็บเราอะไม่มีลวงไม่มีหลอกมีแต่บอกให้มีโชค ถ้าอยากมีโชค
ก็แค่มาหมุนมาโยกกับเรา บาทเดียวก็เล่นได้ เกมส์มากมายกว่า 3,000 เกมส์ ไม่เชื่อก็มาลองอย่ามัวแต่มองดิวัยรุ่ยทำกิน มาตำได้เลยโว้ย
สล็อต888
สล็อต888

เฮงเฮงรวยรวย said...

สล็อต

สล็อตออนไลน์ ที่ดีที่สุด SUPERSLOT 98 มีมาตราฐานความปลอดภัยสูง เกมสล็อตเว็บใหญ่แตกง่าย รวมสุดยอดค่ายเกมไว้หลากหลาย อาทิเช่น PG SLOT, AMB POKER, ASKMEBET, ICONIC, JILI, KA GAMING, SPADE GAMING, NETENT, YGGDRAZIL GAMING เป็นต้น รวมถึงมีภาพสวย

เฮงเฮงรวยรวย said...

สล็อต 777

. สมัครสมาชิกกับทาง SUPER SLOT 98 ก็สามารถเข้าเล่นได้ในทันที ทุกเวลา 24 ชั่วโมง สามารถเลือกเดิมพันได้ต่ำสุดตามต้องการ

เฮงเฮงรวยรวย said...

สล็อต 1688

สมัครสมาชิกกับทาง SUPER SLOT 98 ก็สามารถเข้าเล่นได้ในทันที ทุกเวลา 24 ชั่วโมง สามารถเลือกเดิมพันได้ต่ำสุดตามต้องการ

boom69 said...

สล็อต 999
เล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ สุดยอดสล็อตออนไลน์ในมือถือที่ดีที่สุด ที่นักล่ารางวัลทั่วโลกกล่าวถึงมากที่สุด รวมเกมฮิต เกมดัง เกมปังไว้มากที่สุด

ดวงดี วันเฮง said...

สล็อต ฟรีเครดิต ไม่ต้องฝาก ไม่ต้องแชร์

สำหรับในคาสิโนแล้วตู้สล็อตถือได้ว่าเป็นจุดรวมของนักเดิมพันและถือเป็นเกมที่สามารถเรียกลูกค้าได้เป็นอย่างดี ซึ่งสาเหตุที่ตู้สล็อตเป็นที่นิยมของเหล่านักพนันนั่นก็เพราะเป็นเกมที่เล่นง่าย และใช้ทุนในการเล่นน้อย จึงทำให้เล่นได้นาน อีกทั้งยังเป็นเกมที่ไม่ต้องใช้ความคิดมากนัก จึงทำให้ในระหว่างที่เล่นเกมผู้เล่นจะได้รับทั้งความสนุก และร่วมลุ้นเงินรางวัลและโบนัสต่าง ๆ ไปในตัวอีกด้วย

boom69 said...

สล็อตฟรี
เกมส์สล็อต คือคาสิโนรูปแบบง่ายที่สุด เป็นตู้ออกรางวัลตามที่ได้ เริ่มเป็นที่รู้จักในแวดวงบ้าน​เรามากขึ้นเรื่อยๆ ด้วยความง่ายในการเล่น อยากเล่นเกมส์แบบไหน สามารถดูตัวอย่างเกมสล็อต และอีกข้อที่สำคัญที่ควรพิจารณาก็คือ การฝาก-ถอนรวดเร็ว สล็อตโจ๊กเกอร์

ดวงดี วันเฮง said...

สล็อต ฟรีเครดิต ไม่ต้องฝาก ต้อง แชร์ ถอนได้ 2020

เครื่องสล็อตรุ่นแรกถูกสร้างขึ้นโดย ชาลส์ เฟย์ วิศวกรชาวเยอรมัน โดยประกอบด้วยวงล้อ 3 วง และมีสัญลักษณ์ 5 แบบคือ รูปเกือกม้า , เพชร , โพธิ์ดำ , หัวใจ และ ระฆัง และถูกตั้งชื่อว่า “Liberty Bell” ตามชื่อสัญลักษณ์รูประฆังเสรีภาพ ที่เป็นสัญลักษณ์ของการประกาศอิสรภาพของสหรัฐอเมริกา

boom69 said...

สล็อตฝาก10รับ100
เว็บสล็อตมาตรฐาน เว็บสล็อตที่ส่งตรงมาให้ท่านได้เล่นจากคาสิโนจริง ๆ เพื่อให้ท่านได้มี​ความมั่นใจในการเล่นเกมส์สล็อตกับเรา สมัครเล่นสล็อตฟรี. สล็อตออนไลน์ เว็บคาสิโนออนไลน์ มั่นคง ปลอดภัย โอนไว จ่ายจริง. สล็อตออนไลน์ สล็อต สมัครวันนี้ รับโบนัสแรกเข้าทันที สำหรับสมาชิกใหม่

ใบบัว said...

เว็บใหญ่ มั่นคง ปลอดภัย100% มีครบจบในที่เดียว


สล็อต666

ใบบัว said...

สมัครสมาชิกฟรี ฝาก-ถอน ไม่มีขั้นต่ำ รวดเร็ว ด้วยระบบออโต้
เรามีเกมดีๆมาแนะนำ แตกที แตกไม่หยุด

สล็อต168

Pasana said...

Luckywin98เว็บที่มั่นคงที่สุดในตอนนี้
สล็อตแตกง่าย
เกมดีภาพสวยเล่นง่ายจ่ายจริง
สล็อตเว็บตรง
มั่นคง ปลอดภัย
เว็บสล็อต
ที่รวบรวมเกมดังของทุกค่ายใว้เยอะที่
สมัครสล็อต
ฟรีง่าย ๆ พร้อมโปรโมชั่นและสิทธิพิเศษมากมาย
สล็อต เล่นฟรี
ฝาก-ถอนได้ตั้งแต่ 1 บาทขึ้นไป ไม่มีจำกัดครั้ง ปังกว่านี้ไม่มีอีกแล้ว