Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 3: Inspiring Words

ETA: This was lost in Drafts...so much for thinking I'd mastered the 'art' of scheduling posts! lol

From 30 days of Creativity, Day 3:

What words or phrases do you find inspiring and why?
Sometimes when creating a card for a particular occasion, I look up quotations on the subject to find cues for a visual image. Ralph Waldo Emerson and Emily Dickinson are favourites. One that I may have used as an encouragement card more than any other is the following:

Hope is that thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops... at all. 
~Emily Dickinson



Supplies: This card is from long ago...but I'll try!
Bird silhouette from Inkadinkado, poem from Wordsworth...
and that's all I can remember for sure!
Other words that I tend to create with are what I call "trendy" words, those commands that one often finds in card stores (gasp! what are you doing in THOSE!!) and home decorating, like DREAM-BELIEVE-CREATE-LOVE and so on.


Supplies: Papers from Basic Grey "Capella;"
doily & flowers from dollarama.
The copper flowers were "made" by heat-embossing with copper EP;
miscellaneous ribbon, stick pin & eyelets from Making Memories;
"With Love" rub-on from Kaisercraft
I've finally been able to capture some photos of the earring cards! My dear friend Cheryl Mosher makes the loveliest earrings, and I get to be inspired by them all the time. I have a little row hanging on my desk, and as the random disaster shifts around I find all sorts of neat ways to include them on cards. Hopefully now that I'm learning how to use the camera I'll be able to share more of her beautiful jewelry on the blog.
xoxo
Jessi

No comments: