Sunday, September 25, 2011

Delightfully Random

I love the name Cath picked for this round of Tuesday Trigger: Delightfully Random. It just SOUNDS fun, you know?

Here's the Trigger pic:


So many fun and trendy elements to choose from here: birds, buttons, embroidery, banners, doilies....the list could go on & on. I drew inspiration from the colours & flowers, and decided to go with quilling.

Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "indie bloom;'
misc. rhinestones in red & aqua;
birthday stamp from Kaisercraft, stamped with Memento London Fog ink;
flowers quilled by me 
I'm out of colour ink, so I didn't print out the Trigger this time, and I remembered the paint background as being more teal/aqua than minty green. But, the birdie matches! lol

I also wanted to share the card that I made for my friend Cheryl, whose scarf was modeled here. I couldn't give her the card I showed there, because it's from my stash of unblogged projects & I don't have it anymore. I think this one will do:

Supplies: Papers from Kaisercraft "Chapter One;"
scallop edge scissors;
birthday stamp from Studio G, stamped with Broken China distress ink;
aqua rhinestones; Sakura stardust glitter pen;
(envelope) letter stickers from Basic Grey; misc. cream glitter paper;
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
And now to walk the tired dog - she & I walked for about two hours this morning, lolled in the sun for a few hours this afternoon while I chatted with my Mom & Gramma, and now I think we'll go play ball. It's 24 Celsius today, and there aren't going to be too many more warm lovely days like this, so she's my excuse for reveling in it. It has nothing to do with not wanting to be in my house...nothing, honestly ;)

xoxo,
Jessi

14 comments:

Jingle said...

These are very pretty!

Theresa said...

Hi Jessi,

Both of your cards are just marvelous!! I love the quilled flowers. I think I would love to learn how to do that, but it just looks so hard. I think they are so dainty and elegant. I think both your cards are just lovely.

lisa arana said...

you are rockin' the quilling. Fabulous cards!

Emily Keaton said...

These are SO beautiful, Jessi! I am so in awe of your quilled creations. you captured the Trigger inspiration perfectly. :)

walchowDesign said...

Wow! That's a lot quiling on this card, Jessi! Beautiful done! Hope you will enjoy the last days of the beautiful summmer! Finally, the weather is improving and we are going to enjoy the beautiful summer this whole week!

Sandy Ang said...

Thank you again for the crochet mats. I showed them off here http://artfullcrafts.blogspot.com/2011/09/sandy-more-odds-and-ends-projects.html

Jen W. said...

Ooooh! Look at all that yummy quilling! Love both of these and I always have trouble matching my colours to what's on screen. Drives me nuts!

Gotta take my hounds for a walk now. Jem is sitting here giving me the "I'm so neglected" face. Cheeky pup...

Anonymous said...

You make me want to learn how to quill! These are so pretty!

JJ Bolton said...

Great takes on the trigger pic! Your quilling is awesome! And I love the background papers you used.

I tried to play along with the trigger but there were so many elements to choose from that my brain shut down, lol!

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

These are lovely, Jessi. I love quilling. You did a great job with it!!

Lin said...

Oh MY, I love your Trigger card! Wonderful use of the colors!

Meg said...

Oooh, fantastic trigger card! I like the quilled "underlining" and the little touches of bling. Very fun birthday card, too!

Glad you are enjoying the nice weather while you can!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jessi! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Love to see your quilling--it always amazes me! Great take on the trigger!