Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Emily's Moving Challenge

Best intentions pave the road to you-know-where, right? I kept reminding myself to link up to Emily's Moving Challenge, and then I kept thinking "oh, but I have until the 22nd to link up..." and now it's the 20th. Yep. Well, I do tend to be a last-minute Lucy, so I guess two days before the deadline is actually early for me. 
And, one of these will be making its way to Emily's new house shortly...once I get her snail mail address. I'm not saying which one, so it'll be at least a little bit of a surprise! I think I know what I need to get for my next tattoo:



Yep, perfect. I think I also have the arm hair to pull off the look ;)

So, Emily provided us with a picture of her sweet new house for us to work with as inspiration:



Supplies: papers from AC 'Abode;"
outline 'congratulations' from Elizabeth Craft Designs
The focal house is cut from another section of the patterned paper

Supplies: Papers from Basic Grey 'Out of Print;'
House & rose border stickers from PSX;
congrats! stamp maker unknown; Memento Tuxedo Black ink;
Tiny Type letter stickers from Cosmo Cricket;
adhesive-backed cork; Spellbinders butterfly die;
standard oval Nesties

Supplies: papers from AC 'Abode;'
Congratulations stamp from Studio G;
Memento Tuxedo Black ink;
brown rhinestones
My inspiration was (I think obviously) simply the idea of moving into a new home. If I could go back, I would take off the Tiny Type stickers on the second card - but at the time it felt like there was too much space between the 'congrats!' and the rose border. Ah well. I think it's still my favourite :)

So, if you feel some last-minute inspiration, scoot over & link up to Emily's challenge!

xoxo,
Jessi

9 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

All three are great, Jessi! These houses are sweet. Headed to the tattoo parlor now??

walchowDesign said...

All 3 cards are great, Jessi! Love the colorful houses with the stripes! Good luck with the challenge!

Emily Leiphart said...

HAHA, that is an awesome photo of the address tattoo. I wouldn't want to live in that building though. LOL Great cards! I have to say my favourite is the last one. ;) Thanks so much for playing in The Moving Challenge, Jessi!!

Theresa said...

Jessi, your houses are adorable. You are one fabulous crafter. I have this house stamp set and have never know what to do with it - these have given me some great ideas.

Great work friend.

Jen W. said...

Love the colours of that AC paper! And that tattoo is hilarious but brilliant. :)

Anonymous said...

They are all gorgeous! Fab design papers and love that butterfly!

Meg said...

Aw, fabulous cards for a new home! I especially like the ones with the AC Abode paper--so bright and fun!

As for the tattoo, I'd like to quote Todd Barry: "Sir? You forgot to not do that."

lisa arana said...

Adorable card! Your new tattoo inspiration is genius! Ha. I so need that!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Hee hee! That would make a great tattoo! Love the patterned papers you used. The last one with the kitchen wares is my favorite (even though I don't like to cook). So fun!