Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hello, MUSE!

It's been a while since I played along at MUSE - not for lack of trying! I keep ending up with unfinished projects in pieces (or the recycling bin). This week's card falls perfectly into my current inky experiments, though, and I went right to it:


Supplies: Butterfly stamp from Martha Stewart; sentiment stamp from Paper Smooches; flourish stamp from PTI; Versamark; Stampendous Detail White EP; Memento Tuxedo Black; Distress inks in Salty Ocean and Worn Lipstick




I was inspired first of all by the inked background - the blue/purple tones - the layout - the white embossing & black border - the butterflies - and even the same sentiment. I did use my heat gun to dry the inked piece before embossing the butterfly, but some extra powder still stuck. I kind of like it, though - like a little scatter of butterfly magic :) 

xoxo,
Jessi

20 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful distressed background and the butterfly is so lovely in white!
Lynn

Stacy @ Sweethearts + Sweet Tarts said...

How fun that you have the same sentiment! This card is so beautiful! Great job!

Andrea W said...

Very pretty! I was immediately drawn to the blue background and the white butterfly. Fantastic card!

Nance E Salkeld said...

Beautiful card. I think it's perfect! I love that butterfly stamp. Had to re-read where it came from, may have to make an investment in one. So, I'm not the only one who attempts to participate in a challenge only to wind up half done! LOL Presently, I'm sifting thru my unfinished projects to finish!

Lindsey said...

Wow. This is gorgeous, Jessi! Fabulous background, and I love the white-embossed butterfly.

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous card and i love that butterfly..

Greta said...

I really like your beautifully inked card!

lostinpaper said...

Super fabulous inky background Jessi, such a great take on Karen's card!

Jenny said...

Yeah, I really love the extra scatter of EP too.... butterfly magic indeed :0) Such a pretty take on Karens card.
Jenny x

Chris D. said...

Butterfly magic indeed! Thought you did that on purpose, because it looks so cool! Love the background you created for this card - WOW!

Dawn said...

It's beautiful Jessi; love the gorgeous butterfly and the pretty flourishes in the background.

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

This is gorgeous, Jessi - love the big white butterfly! Thanks for playing with us at Muse this week!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful bg and I like how the trail of embossing powder flies off with the butterfly, Jessi!

Tracey Wilson said...

beautiful card! i love your embossed butterfly....very pretty! great take on the MUSE!
~tracey

yyam said...

Oh wow. Really pretty Jessi!

Karen M said...

Your card is beautiful - I love the gorgeous butterfly and your background looks amazing - hugs xx

Kigz said...

Lovely!!! The butterfly really pops! I love when in intended additions look great too! ;)

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oooh Weee, Jessi, I love your ethereal take on Karen's card! It's dreamy!!

Kim Hall said...

Simply beautiful, love that butterfly!!

Deni(se) said...

I like the butterfly magic too! Great background.