Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Shopping our Stash #139 - Embellish Me!


Now, here's where reading the challenge description is important - we don't just want to see embellishments this week at Shopping our Stash - we want to see embellishments that YOU have made!  I had  to go with my most recent 'hey, I can do that!' which is clay embellishments.


Supplies: Martha Stewart clay kit; papers from Basic Grey; sentiment from Hero Arts; Versamark, white detail EP; lace from stash; Wilton doily; Neat & Tangled crystal clear sequins

No idea where the lace is from - it was SO the perfect colour though. Although the clay embellishments are bulky, they are incredibly light so they are easy to adhere to the card. Mail, not so much. 

So now, what are YOU going to make for an embellishment?  Come & play along with this challenge until next Monday, February 24th hop on by & leave the rest of my teamies some love!


xoxo,
Jessi

16 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Great clay flower. I love how great the patterned paper looks together and that lace it's just perfect!! another winner of a card.

lauren bergold said...

handmade clay daisies??!?! DUUUUUDE! you are SOOOOOOO totally the queen of "i can do this"!!!! :) :) :)

Chris Dring said...

Is there nothing you can't do? Seriously, this card is gorgeous! That clay flower goes perfect with the DP and lace!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beautiful!

I think the bulk is why I have not really hopped on the clay embellies yet. They are pretty, but chunky. Good to know they're lightweight, though.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

The pressure is on! A homemade embellishment, eh? I like your clay flower very much. It really looks good on this card and that matching lace? What a scream that it matched so well.

Joni Andaya said...

Oh..Goodness Jessi!!! This is so Fantastically Daisy clay Awesome Goodness! Love this <3

Dana said...

Well that is unique!! Looks like you got it from a store!!! I love the doily you added behind it! Beautiful card with the pattern paper and the white embellishment and doily!!

jimlynn said...

WHOA!!! Clay!!! How pretty! It really does look store bought! Love your card using it too. Very pretty.
Lynn

Donna said...

My goodness but I do love when everything is all matchy matchy!!!
Clay kit you say...hmmmmmmm....your flower is awesome!!!

Emily Keaton said...

These are some of my favorite colors, Jessi! Your clay embellies are just so cool. That daisy looks great on this creation!

Karen Schroeder said...

Your card is beautiful! Love the clay flower!

Leslie Hanna said...

That flower is CLAY?!?! NO WAY! It looks so real. Well, like a paper flower looks real, if you get my drift. AWESOME, baby, AWESOME!

Greta said...

You're making it hard for me to keep my "no clay" resolve--LOL! Love your flowers, including this one! Great card, Jessi!

lostinpaper said...

What a gorgeous flower Jessi!

Peanut said...

You'd think the flower is the star... not for me. I find myself staring at the background DP. It's gorgeous, Jessi!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Lindsey said...

Hmm, I might have to go to Michaels tomorrow, may have to look into these clay roses. Although you are the queen of them, Jessi. Such a soft, pretty card. :)