Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Trying to channel my inner Lauren...

...you know Lauren, the most amazing textural collagey-stitchy fabulous designer? So she shared the most amazing torn & stitched collage yesterday, and I thought to myself, SELF YOU CAN DO THAT. Maybe not exactly, but I had fun with it anyway!


Supplies: papers from Webster's Pages; chipboard from MME; stickers from Simple Stories; Antique Linen distress ink; doily, lace, and buttons from stash; Tim Holtz design ruler, embroidery floss 

Both sides of the card are cross-stitched, but I've covered up the right hand side with lace. I 'aged' the doilies a bit with distress ink. 


Supplies: papers from MME; bow sticker from Making Memories; EAD Designs rub-on sentiment; rhinestones from dollarama; green doily from Lauren herself! 

I really really did have torn layers all over this card - and then I covered most of them up. It's the process, people. lol!

Thanks for the inspiration, Lauren! MWAH!

I'm popping these in over at Just Us Girls, having an anything goes challenge this week!


xoxo,
Jessi


14 comments:

jimlynn said...

I just love Lauren's cards - and love yours too Jessi! So many beautiful elements on here and it all goes together perfect.
Lynn

Nancy said...

What a pretty college you have created! Love the added bow! Thanks for playing along with the design team and I over at Just Us Girls...hope to see you again soon!

Nancy said...

Stupid...auto-correct! COLLAGE!!!

lauren bergold said...

omg!!! JESSI!!!!! how flippin' *AWESOME* can you be?! (hint: very, VERY awesome indeed!!!) i love that you were so inspired, i love that you used the things you had on hand, AND i love the results as well!!! :) (& for the record, the only reason you can see most of the background on mine is that i put the rest of my collage on a transparency... b/c yeah... it's easy to get carried away...) LOVE THIS and love that you came to tell me so i didn't miss it!!! xoxoxox

ps: i'm pretty sure your inner lauren is cooler than my inner lauren, which would seem unfair if you didn't ROCK IT so well! :) :) :)

Carol L said...

What an incredible tribute to Lauren with such a fantastic card! I love all the buttons and lace, and the 2nd one is just beautiful with such a colorful mix of patterns and colors! NJ!

Lindsey said...

Wow, two gorgeous collage cards!

Leslie Hanna said...

You are so brave! I can't be like Lauren like you can, so I'll just admire from afar.

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love love love these cards Jessie with all the lace and texture . Great job with the challenge .

Becca Cruger said...

Wow! These are super cool! I like the collage idea. Inspirational friends are the greatest.

Dana said...

WoW!!! Awesome cards!! I so can't do the collage style! But you pulled it off beautifully!!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous cards Jessi!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great cards, not your usual fare but sometimes it is fun to go outside the box.

Debbie said...

Wow! These are both beautiful!!

Greta said...

Wow--these are beautiful, Jessi!