Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Shamrock shakes rock!

We got a McDonald's coupon flyer in the mail yesterday, and Shamrock Shakes are back! We haven't seen those as long as we've been in Amherst. I'm more than a little stoked...I know I won't drink a whole one, but someone will HAVE to share with me!

A few weeks ago I experimented with Distress Ink backgrounds and I had a blue-green piece left over that I wanted to use. I paired it with this gorgeous shamrock bouquet from Waltzingmouse Stamps (found in the Freebies section). I watercoloured three bouquets with the same combination of inks that I used on the background paper: Broken China, Faded Jeans, and Peeled Paint, and sponged the edges with Peeled Paint. I love how it turned out. I cut out just the shamrock portion of the second bouquet & popped it up on foam tape for dimension, which cast some shadows in the photo :) I cut just a portion of the third image with a circle punch to decorate the envelope.

Supplies: Shamrock bouquet from Waltzingmouse Stamps;
Koi waterbrush, makeup sponge, foam tape;
Distress inks: Broken China, Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans;
Standard Circle Nestabilities
Stay tuned for some incredible, brand-spanking-new Saint Patrick's Day images from Pink Cat Studio...I went nuts making cards that I hope you'll love!
xoxo,
Jessi

No comments: