Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Another Barbles challenge card...

Is it ok to fall in love with your own card? Because I really, really love this card. I can't believe I even managed to get the sparkle to photograph. I believe the happy twinkle in my eye as I beheld my masterpiece might have made the glitter shine a little more, lol!

So, this is my second entry for Barbles' challenge over at Kinsale Creations - and I know there are going to be more. I am in the midst of hurry-up-and-finishing a set of baby thank yous, and a blanket for said baby, and about twelve million other things (and the kitchen floor is getting desperate...)

Supplies: snowflake sparkle paper from Best Creations;
green glitter paper from Colorbok;
deer & sentiment from Inkadinkado;
Memento ink in Tuxedo Black & London Fog;
Stampendous Fun Flock in Cotton Ball;
Martha Stewart markers;
Sakura clear glaze pen (mistletoe) and black glaze pen (eyes & nose);
standard & lacy circle Nesties
The offset stamping of the sentiment was a boo-boo - I didn't press evenly on the first try, and like a tool I'd already coloured everything, so dangit, I REALLY didn't want to start over. I stamped again to finish the solid black "k," and the sort of 'halo' formed for the rest of the sentiment actually made me happy.
You have until November 30th to link up to Barb's challenge for some amazing prizes, so go see how you can be inspired by the beautiful photo she's provided!

xoxo,
Jessi

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Jessi, I'm in love with this too!!! Is that the envelope on the bottom, with Mr. Cutie Reindeer stamped on it? This card is wonderful...a perfect christmas card...thank SO much for playing along! Keep adding more! I love seeing your work :)

Theresa said...

Yes, it's okay to love your own card. This is why I never give away some. This is totally adorable. Love the sparkle. I always love that you include the envelope.

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card I love the sparkle Jessi!!

Annette Allen said...

aww how cute is that little deer....great card..

thanks for your sweet comment on my blog...
Happy Thanksgiving..

Anonymous said...

Super cute and fabulously sparkly card! I was playing with this stamp yesterday myself, isn't he just the cutest!!

Chunyuan said...

Love your card! beautiful color and perfect sparkle, and cutie little deer.

Jen W. said...

So awesome that you captured the sparkle in the photo!! That deer is too cute and I love the halo on the sentiment. Don't you love those happy mistakes? Good luck with all the baby cards and the blanket!

walchowDesign said...

I can understand why you are in love with this card yourself! I love it too, Jessi! It's just adorable and the bg pp is so soothing but yet sparkles! The matching envelope is also adorable!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

This is super sweet! Love your reindeer and design!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Wendy ten Hove said...

The sentiment looks perfect here, so good thinking! What a cute image that is, funny!! Very nice card!!
Hugs, Wendy

lisa arana said...

haha, too cute. i love all the fabby sparkle!

JJ Bolton said...

Adorable! I didn't even notice the double stamping on the sentiment at all:) And who doesn't love sparkles?

Meg said...

This is about the cutest Christmas stamp ever. Love all the sparkle and that special halo you gave to the sentiment. ;)