Monday, February 20, 2012

A patterned paper challenge? Cool!

So Lily Pad Cards has a challenge running for us to use patterned paper.

I'm yer huckleberry...I looooove patterned paper. I try not to hoard it, but you know it still happens. So for this challenge I wanted to do a few different things with my patterned paper, rather than just enter every card I've made since it started :) There are already well over 300 entries, and still 3 and a half days left to link up, so lots of inspiration to be had! Anyhow, here are my entries, with a brief 'why' I thought it was a special use of patterned paper.

1. Lots of paper piecing, using 6 different patterns total.
Supplies: papers from MME;
Palette Noir ink; Vintage Photo distress ink;
Stamps from Market Street Stamps;
Black Sharpie
 2. Using up scraps of hoarded paper - in this case those adorable owls! - and trimmed 'just so' to extend the size of the scrap.
Supplies: papers from MME "Fine and Dandy;"
yellow gingham scrap; dew drops from $ store;
London Fog Memento ink;
sentiment from Cloud 9 designs
 3. Stamping & embossing on patterned paper; using textured paper.
Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "Sweet Threads;"
Vintage Photo distress ink, Versamark, and clear EP;
scrap of bronze corrugated paper;
clear rhinestones coloured with brown Sharpie
 4. Stamping on patterned paper; cutting out along design for added interest & dimension. The little
'pennant' shapes are part of an argyle pattern, and I left the points loose & bent each up
slightly for more dimension.
Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "Out of Print;"
swirl stamps from Autumn Leaves;
Worn Lipstick & Bundled Sage distress ink;
Martha Stewart banner;
London Fog Memento ink;
sentiment from Inkadinkado; silver pearls from dollar store
 5. Paper quilting. Fussy as all get out, but I love how it looks! I use a plain piece of copy paper
as the base for my 'quilt' so that I can fiddle around with the layout on the final card. These squares
are 3/4".
Supplies: papers from DCWV; scraps of solid cardstock;
Susan Branch letter stickers;
fuzzy ducks from Carlton;
labels 4 Nesties
 6. Cutting out elements - in this case the rose label - and using up tiny scraps. That lovely damask
piece was not quite half an inch wide.
Supplies: papers from MME;
Wilton doily; Palette Noir ink;
sentiment stamp from Wordsworth; velvet ribbon from stash
So, anyhow, if you use patterned paper, hurry up & link up a few cards to Lily Pad's challenge - and get some amazing ideas from the folks who've linked up already :) 

xoxo,
Jessi


9 comments:

Theresa said...

What a strange looking bird!! But what a fabulous array of cards. I love the coffee cup and the last one...love the colors. Great cards!!

Jen W. said...

You should totally win this challenge!! Or at least be hired to provide patterned paper classes! Love all the different ideas. #1 and #3 are my faves. And that bird rocks.

Emily Keaton said...

Well, of course, since you and patterned paper are *this* close, this challenge is right up your alley!! I spy somethings I recognize ;). All of these are such fun. Fabulous entries, Jessi!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous collection Jessi! This is the perfect challenge for you, LOVE your baby owls!

Lisa Arana said...

Look at all the fabby cards. I think I love the last one the most... mainly because I am still hoarding that paper as well. :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Is that an owl? It's really scary looking! I love how many cards you cranked out. Wow, I love those tiny banners on #4 and my favourite is definitely #6!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Hi Jessi!
Fabulous cards! Once again I love the sweet-owl-baby-card with the dew drop borders best :-) I can´t help but loving owls!
I also like the last one with the doily a lot! So heartwarming and pretty!
Have a nice day!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Beautiful card and wonderful use of patterned papers! Thank so much for playing with us at the Lily Pad - hope to see you soon again! Hugs, Karin

kingstonmama said...

These are fabulous cards. You're so brave. :) I have a hard time putting different patterned papers together, although I have no problem buying the darn stuff. :) Ann