Monday, February 20, 2012

Shopping Our Stash #39 - Metal Mania!

And here it comes, the first of a whole bunch of challenge posts. I've been a busy bee :)
(As an aside, does it drive anybody else crazy to see one card with a list of 20+ challenges it fits right underneath? I can see combining 2 or 3, but once you get up that high aren't you kind of just looking for other things it happens to fit into? Anyway.)

This round at Shopping our Stash is Metal Mania - use anything metal from your stash. Gotcha! Once again squeaking in last minutey with only 10 hours left to link up - but I bet you've got brads, eyelets, etc. in your stash to work with!
Supplies: Paper from K&Co;
Martha Stewart butterfly stamp;
Stampendous Pirate Gold EP;
'thanks' stamp from Stampin' Up (Versamark);
Tsukineko Pssst! Spray;
stash:brads, microbeads, vellum

Glittery! And four sets of wings...
I found exactly four brads in this gold tone (the closest match to the Pirate Gold EP), and then thought hey, I have metallic microbeads too, don't I? Yep. 2 packages (unopened) in this gold colour alone. I might run out. Ahem.

The butterfly wings lay flat to go in the envelope, as I only glued along the body. I embossed first on the card base, then layered vellum-matching paper-vellum to give some extra lift. I've got to say, it felt nice to use something UP here (even if it was 'only' one colour of brad...still progress!)

xoxo,
Jessi

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Lol.... I totally hear you about all those challenges listed after a blog post....... Some of the links are so tenuous!!!!!
I love your sumptous metal tones, those microbeads look awesome in the flower centre.
Glad you got some crafty time, you have to make the most of it when you do :0)
Jenny x

Theresa said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card. WOW I totally love it!! Love the microbeads.

Jen W. said...

Totally with you on the challenge post thing. Who can even keep up with that many challenges??
Love this card. That butterfly is gorgeous and those microbeads are awesome! And of course you need 2 packages. You might very well run out... or spill one pack. Can't be too careful...

Crystal said...

So pretty, love the colours and the pretty gold butterfly! Thanks for joining us over at SOS this week :)

Anonymous said...

Such an elegant card Jessi! love the splashes of gold!
I struggle keeping up with just a few challenges, although there are heaps I would just love to play each week, I just can't find the time... maybe if I didn't work full time... there's an idea, better go have a chat with my husband.

Lisa Arana said...

I hear ya on the challenge thing. I have to really work hard to combine more than one challenge... I don't think my brain can handle more than 2 or 3.

Love the pretty yellow and gold. Just gorgeous.

JJ Bolton said...

This is so wonderfully elegant! The multilayer butterfly is absolutely stunning! The embossing on vellum is absolutely the perfect technique for a butterfly. Great card Jessi!