Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Cat on a Scooter? Why not.

Emily on the Paper Smooches DT shared a project a while ago with Chubby Chums riding Spiffy Scooters, and I cannot find it - but that was my starting off point for this card!


Supplies: Paper Smooches stamps: Chubby Chums, Spiffy Scooters, Nine Lives; Spectrum Noir markers; Wink of Stella clear glitter pen; Memento Tuxedo Black & Gray Flannel inks; Tumbled Glass distress ink; Wplus9 banner die; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic


The cat's eyes and the scooter are coated with Dimensional Magic for shine (the scooter's lights were coloured with Wink of Stella first for glitter & shine). The little puffs from the scooter are stamped with Tumbled Glass & the edges of the panel sponged with it as well. The scooter sentiment says "scooting by to say hi," but I wanted to make this a birthday card, so I used washi tape to mask off the 'hi' while inking the sentiment. And then while flipping through my PS sentiments for Happy Birthday I saw this...double pun? Oh yaaaaaah baby!  

I may have giggled to myself a few times while making this...I had fun :)
I'm entering over at Paper Smooches SPARKS for Anything Goes week one, and Simon Says Stamp's Anything Goes. 


xoxo,
Jessi

19 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Its a one-cat motor-cycle display team! I love it! Jo x

Mary-Anne V said...

Thats so cute and love the sentiment road.

walchowDesign said...

How cool is that! A cat on a scooter, Jessi! Purrfect colouring too!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Jessi! super cute card, I so luv the glossy accents on the lights...darlin! what fun, huh? so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Carol L said...

OMG, what a cute concept, and I love the punny sentiment too!

jimlynn said...

LOL!!! I would have never thought to do something like this! Love the way your mind works! Cute, cute, CUTE card!
Lynn

Andrea W said...

This card put a huge smile on my face! Love it!

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, my, this IS fun!!!!

lostinpaper said...

Hahahaha, I needed this one for my blog post!

Lindsey said...

If you give a cat a scooter... :D Awesome card! Love the bright colours.

Emily Leiphart said...

Ack, soooo cute, Jessi! Love how you masked the kitty so her paws sit perfectly on the lights! Perfect colours, too!!

~Tammy~ said...

So so cute! Love it Jessi! Made me smile! Needed one of those today.

Greta said...

Oh so darn cute, Jessi!

Chris Dring said...

Absolutely adorable!

Chris Dring said...

Absolutely adorable!

*Vicki* said...

This one makes me smile!! Love your design and colors! :)

Dana said...

Oh this is so adorable!!! I LOVE the little kitty on the scooter!! Super cute!! LOVE IT!!!

Cynthia said...

This really made me smile when I spotted it in the PS gallery! Great color combo and design, Jessi.

Larissa Heskett said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!! This is AWESOME!! I LOVE the FUN Design and your AMAZING Coloring!! THANKS SO MUCH for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll join us again this week!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)