Here's the start:
Each compartment measures 1.25". I began by coating everything with Picket Fence Distress Stain, and gave it 3 coats. I didn't take step-by-step photos because I honestly didn't think it was going to be share-worthy at the end.
I then used Mod Podge to apply Tim Holtz patterned tissue to the back of each compartment, and the back of the entire piece. Some Hero Arts lace around the outer edge, some seam binding, an antiquey key, some quilled flowers, and voila!
Just a tiny little piece of art - I love how it turned out!
And thank you to Our Creative Corner for the kick in the butt to USE my hoarded "I should do something with thats"!