Sunday, February 20, 2011

And now for the boys...

Supplies: Papers & letter stickers from Basic Grey "Oliver;"
"baby boy is love" rub-on from Daisy D's

Supplies: Papers all from DCWV "Nana's Nursery - Boy;"
Baby duck sticker from Suzy's Zoo;
"Cute" rub-on from Daisy D's; buttons from Dress it Up! & Basic Grey

Supplies: papers all scraps from stash, circle embossed with Cuttlebug folder;
stickers from Sandylion (baby, tag, boat, bottle, hearts);
buttons from Dress it Up!

Supplies: papers, tag, and  robot  from Belle Blvd;
letter stickers from Basic Grey
I think I'm going to have some photo-heavy posts for a little while - now that I'm figuring out the camera, I'm ending up with a lot of photos in the "not blogged yet" folder, and I may as well get cracking on that! I haven't created a lot in the last few weeks, but maybe some blogging and blog surfing will get my creative mojo flowing again. I must say, though, that the few cards I did make turned out to be some favourites for me. 

With any luck, tomorrow I'll be at Wentworth all day with Connor's class on a ski trip - they've had it cancelled twice already for cold weather, but tomorrow is supposed to stay mild and calm. Fingers crossed! I do not want to be anywhere near here if it gets cancelled again. Last week I went with Riley's class, and although being a lodge chaperone is not the most exciting thing a person can do all day, it's nice to be someone who can spend the day on a class trip. I like it that the teachers know they can count on me to help if they need me. 

I didn't get a lot done during last week's trip as I hurt my hand, and then it got infected (dang diabetes...they aren't kidding about the infections!). I was actually about to head to the emergency room on Friday if my hand was still not getting better, as my sugars have been very high as well, but apparently my body took the hint overnight Thursday. Honestly, looking at my hand today, it hardly looks like the same mess it was just a few days ago. There are three huge scrapes, and one has gone from infected to scar tissue in 3 days. Switching to a different antibiotic ointment really did the trick. My sugars are still high, although lower than they were, but I've only been taking Metformin for a week, so I guess it takes time to get the body cooperating. I really would love to know how it works out that eating so much less drives my blood sugar even higher! 

xoxo,
Jessi

No comments: