Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Make a Mermaid Wish

Supplies: Cuttlebug embossing folder, D'vine Swirls;
Mermaid image digital freebie, source unknown;
coloured with reinkers & glitter;
"Make a Wish" from My Favorite Things;
shell button from Dress it Up!

I wish I had always kept track of where I found things online - most people attach their name or company to the file name, but this is one that I should have noted myself and didn't. It's a beautiful image. I coloured two, and cut one with the circle Nestabilities, and fussy-cut the other one so that I could pop it up for dimension. For stability I glued her hands directly to the bottom layer - it would seem a little gruesome if one of her hands fell off!

I tried something new with this card - the background began as white paper. I used the direct-to-paper technique with Broken China, Peeled Paint, and Faded Jeans distress ink, and spritzed it with water. After it was dry (and curly...too much water!) I ran it through with the embossing folder to give it some swirly waves. Definitely messy, but fun, and I like how it turned out.

xoxo,
Jessi

No comments: