Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Go-to Sketch...

Supplies: Paper from Basic Grey "Sugared;"
butterfly punch from Martha Stewart;
Fired Brick distress ink (butterfly edges);
ribbon & pink pearls from stash
Looking through Paper Crafts magazine a few weeks ago, I thought "Gee, I really like this sketch. I should give that a try! Butterflies would be perfect!" Well, here it is, just not quite how I pictured it. I gave myself the extra push to use up some of my ancient hoarded Basic Grey scraps - and I like that - I just feel like it's not a "me" card. Maybe it's the ruffled ribbon? Meh.
xoxo,
Jessi

3 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

I have those days/experiences, too. I love how you adapted the sketch for these butterflies and that Basic Grey paper is gorgeous!!! Maybe it's not "you" but it really is a lovely card. :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Jessi, this is very classic! Those butterflies work well and I love the sheer ribbon.

Unknown said...

So pretty and elegant! Great card:)