Monday, April 4, 2011

Strength for Today - In my Beautiful Balloon Challenge

Supplies: Hot air balloon stamp from The Greeting Farm;
sentiment stamp from Kaisercraft; both stamped with Palette Noir;
papers from Cosmo Cricket "Togetherness" and
My Mind's Eye "Fine and Dandy - True Blue" (the clouds);
crepe paper "clouds" (sigh...); button from Basic Grey;
Labels 4 Nestabilities
Click image for larger view!

The sentiment is a little hard to read here - it really isn't as blurry in real life, I swear. It says "Wishing you STRENGTH for today and HOPE for tomorrow."
So, I decided to use this stamp because of a challenge at Moxie Fab World (no way!) to use hot air balloons in an innovative way...not sure this qualifies as innovative, but I gave it a whirl. I did try something new that I thought looked much better in my mind's eye than on the card - I folded crepe paper a bunch of times, and freehand cut out clouds, then stitched them on the card & crumpled them a bit. The button was meant to mimic the sun. The balloon is paper-pieced with patterns from "Togetherness," and a strip from the background paper is attached to the envelope to draw them together. (Pun not intended, but I like it, so it stays! lol)
Back again soon!
xoxo,
Jessi

7 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

This is adorable! I love your balloon and very innovative cloud. Great idea!!

Janelle said...

Great mix of patterned papers. Love the cloud... great idea!

Pam said...

The way you crafted the cloud is brilliant - beautiful card!

Kristin said...

I love your cloud - genuis! Great job on this challenge. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today!

curlyqmosaics said...

This card is fabulous! I love the sentiment, the colors and the texture of the cloud...perfection!

Alanna Harris said...

I love the cloud and the way your balloon seems to be sailing away in the breeze!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jessi! Thanks for linking this up to the In My Beautiful Balloon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)