Thursday, February 28, 2013

Some yellow to brighten your day!

I am personally in need of a little brightening today, so I thought I'd share a couple nice & bright cheerful cards.


Supplies: Wilton doily; Stampin' Up rose; Squeezed Lemonade distress ink; EAD Designs rub-on; Palette Noir ink; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Yellow Daisy;black rhinestones


Supplies: gingham paper from Echo Park; Penny Black hedgehog sticker; Mrs. Grossman's sentiment sticker; standard small circle Nestie; Tumbled Glass distress ink (around the edges of the white circle...it's there!); yellow buttons from stash

My thoughts & my heart are on the other side of the country this morning - it is very hard being far away when people you love need help. So hug the people that are close to you - and put good thoughts out there in the universe, OK? My friend could really use them right now :')

xoxo,
Jessi



11 comments:

Annette Allen said...

love both of these cards...the button frame is adorable and loving all the yellow...

I am so sorry that you are away from loved ones...I know exactly how you feel.. it is hard.. sending you hugs..

walchowDesign said...

Two cheerful cards, Jessi! Love all the yellows on them and your buttons are just amazing...

Sorry to hear that feel helpless on occasion like this. I know how you feel and sending you lots of hugs...

jimlynn said...

These certainly brightened my day Jessi! SO pretty in all that yellow! Great cards.
Sending special hugs to make your day better.
Lynn

Emily Keaton said...

Huzzah for cheery yellow! Sounds like you could use a hug yourself as you struggle with being so far away from where you are needed. I'm thinking of you and your friend. Hang in there!

Lindsey said...

Interesting that we both felt the need to use yellow this week! :) The first one is very classy -- although using that rose stamp just about guarantees that, doesn't it? Great design work. The second one is so sweet and cute!

lostinpaper said...

Such beautiful cheery cards Jessi, hugs to you hon.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh yes I do know! Lived in Hawaii for 9 years and although it's "paradise"...it doesn't bring you to those you love or those to you when needed! Hugs to you friend!

Your cards are so bright and cheerful and just what I needed!

JJ Bolton said...

Awww, hon. Whatever you're going through, I hope everything works out! I totally know how hard it is to be away from loved ones. To put it frankly, it sucks. But the great thing about family and close friends is that they know you are thinking of them and can feel your love:)

These sunny cards are the just perfect thing to raise some spirits! Just beautiful Jessi!

Dawn said...

These are beautiful, bright and cheery. I hope your friend is well and you are feeling better. Feeling powerless always sucks, but just knowing that a friend cares always brighten spirits no matter how many miles are in between. Sending you and your friend a big hug :)

Jen W. said...

Hope your friend is okay, Jessi. :( Sending good vibes out west!

Love your cheery yellow cards. The black gems are the perfect accents for the first card and you know I love your button frames. :)

Nance said...

Yes, you're right, very cheery. Yellow does that doesn't it? Love that contrast of yellow and black on the first one. Cute porcupine or is it a hedgehog?