Friday, September 12, 2014

Sketch & a Smooch!

I love the sketch for the current challenge at Make the Day Special - so versatile! I ended up making it more difficult for myself...first the card, then I'll explain my boo-boos:


Supplies: Paper Smooches Party Posse & Chubby Chums; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Spectrum Noir markers; unknown papers; Peacock Feathers & Spiced Marmalade distress inks; orange card stock; classic small circle Nesties; Wplus9 banner dies; googly eyes

I got the bright idea to pop up the designer papers, so with the sketch I'd need to cut a partial circle out of each piece & then match them back up on the card. Unfortunately they weren't lined up quite right, and isn't this the one time the foam tape decides to be unforgiving? You want that stuff to stick, you're outta luck. AUGH. Because the top of the papers were wonky as well as the circle around the cat, I decided to add some bits to make it look wonky-on-purpose. I think I made it :) 

I'm also entering over at Paper Smooches SPARKS -  Anything Goes.
xoxo,
Jessi

13 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

What an adorable card, your are right about the sticking part, they work well when you don't need them to. Love the googlie eyes on the sweet kitty,Great take on the sketch.

Chris Dring said...

Super cuteness! Had you not said anything, I would have totally thought that you meant to do that! Awesome save!

jimlynn said...

Precious and fun! Love the look of the off-set circle for that image.
Lynn

Andrea W said...

I would have never known there was a goof. It turned out terrific. The strips at the top and bottom of the card really frame it and I love how you added the sentiment banners around the cat's frame. Super cute!

walchowDesign said...

Your boo boo turned out to be great, Jessi! Love how the banners hanging on the side!

Lindsey said...

This is ADORABLE! Look at his furry tummy! I think your design ended up rather awesome, actually. Love the folded-over banners.

Katie Gehring said...

So cute! LOVE the googly eyes on the kitty! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

Jenny said...

Wonky is good .... just look at his eyes!!! Hehehe :0)
Love how you got creative with the sketch and those wrapped around banners are a fab idea too :0)
Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Make the Day Special Stamp Store x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That cat lends itself to wonkiness so it all works out for the best. And Of course you meant it to be like that! Why would we think otherwise?!

lostinpaper said...

TOO cute, makes me want to colour some PS critters lol!

Angela said...

Cuteness all around...love the orange strips at the top and bottom, plus the fun way you have applied the banners!

Greta said...

Oh so cute, Jessi!

Unknown said...

You just made me laugh out loud, Jessi. You are absolutely right about the foam tape … it does have a mind of its own :)

You rescued your card quite well, though: it all looks perfectly intentional to me ;)

Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

Julia