Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Shopping our Stash #241 - WHITE OUT!

Ahhhh that sounds like a wintry challenge doesn't it? Most of us in the Northern Hemisphere have had enough of the white stuff though, so the challenge at Shopping our Stash this week is to use NO white cardstock. This seemed easy peasy....until I got going and kept adding white panels to every.dang.card. Really, brain? *sigh*

I made it work, though, and love how it turned out:



Supplies: Prima chipboard; Dylusions & Tim Holtz stencils; Dreamweaver crackle paste; Broken China and Tattered Rose distress inks; banner die from Wplus9; sentiment from Paper Smooches; button & fabric from stash 



The fabric began about 4x that size, and I treated it with my heat fun until it had the look I wanted. The background was one of those 'oh shoot, I wrecked it' projects - the blue felt like a mistake at first, but adding the rose worked. Tis true, mixed media isn't finished until you're happy with it, just keep going :)

Check out what the rest of my awesome teammates made!



And you have until Monday March 7 to come play!

xoxo,
Jessi


5 comments:

Chris Dring said...

It is soooo strange that you used that chipboard fairy, as I was looking at ordering a stamp of the same image last week. GMTA! LOL! This is all kinds of gorgeous!

lauren bergold said...

i looooooooooooove that you've used that beautiful, ethereal, magical fairy and she's saying, "PUHHHLEEEEZE"!!! awesome!!!!! and YES, i can happily go for months w/o white cardstock until you say, "no white cardstock!" and i cannot think of anything else, lol! :) :) :)

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful job on the challenge all those different element on it. it's amazing what happens when you have NO white cs, total blank for me. Of course same when you say no layers, lots of layers as soon as I HAVE to do something I panic. Beautiful job.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhh awesome!!! Love the "puhleeze" sentiment, the fairy is gorgeous and I love the colours and textures! Fab job sistah!

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! And then you save it from being cloying with the sentiment. :P Great job on the background and the layers.