Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Shopping our Stash #242 - In a Galaxy Far, Far Away....

Ohhhhh how I love this week's challenge at Shopping our Stash! Inspired by outer space - Star Wars, aliens, the night sky....you get the idea :)



Supplies: Space ship, alien, and stars from Jane's Doodles; sentiment from Stampendous; Spectrum Noir markers; Diamond stickles; Dreamweaver stencil paste & unknown stencil; home made pearl shimmer spray; Distress inks in Wilted Violet, Chipped Sapphire, and Mermaid Lagoon; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic; googly eye



I began with a dipped ink background, which I then sponged over with the same inks and added the stencil paste, and then stamped the stars once that had dried. Since the stencil was smaller than the card front you can see how it got a little messy - but that works for me :) Once everything was dry I spritzed with shimmer. 

Check out what the rest of my awesome teammates made!



And you have until Monday March 14 to come play!

xoxo,
Jessi

8 comments:

lostinpaper said...

ooh, those googly eyes always make me smile, but one and it's a BIG one, makes me double smile!

Barbara Godden said...

lots of sparkle but then again I wouldn't expect any less from your creations. Awesome job. love it.

lauren bergold said...

i LOVE THIS! that background is perfection, as is the alien, sentiment, spaceship, etc. intergalactic home run right here!!! ♥

Donna said...

Yep, I love that alien and his big googly eye! I also adore all the PURPLE!!!! Fab job sistah :)

Chana Malkah said...

The background is awesome, Nice work! I thought it was designer paper. Wonderful creation!
Hugz,
Chana

Lindsey said...

So much fun! Terrific background, and love the alien in his flying saucer. And rocket flames!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Such a cute card love the background and those googlie eyes.

Chris Dring said...

This is one intergalactically fabulous card! LOVE your background, that one googly eyed alien and all the shimmer and sparkle!