Thursday, March 3, 2011

Well, this stinks.

I debated whether or not to post about this, since it's not exactly my news, but I'm sharing it anyway. This Saturday will be the last time Andrew & Star Dust Farms will be at the farmer's market. Running a small farm is not for the faint of heart, and there comes a point where even the most idealistic and hard-working person has to look at the big financial picture, and I guess this is that point. I hate that he's forced to make this choice, and I hate that operating a small farm is not sustainable without operating at a loss. And selfishly, I hate that it means one of my friends won't be spending Saturday mornings hanging out with me at the cafe.

On an unrelated note, how about a card? Hopefully tomorrow I get some photos taken of what I've been working on - if I say so myself, being cranky seems to be working for cardmaking.
Supplies: Papers from K & Co;
rose stamp from Stampin' Up! Fifth Avenue Floral;
thank you stamp from Hero Arts;
Versamark ink & white EP for the rose, Palette Noir for the sentiment;
Rose coloured with the floating reinker technique, with Adirondack Eggplant
I made a few more cards with this rose this week - it is a really fun technique, if a little messy. Sometimes it feels really good to get your hands covered in ink.
xoxo,
Jessi

1 comment:

Locavore Family said...

Oh no! Wow....there goes my local source of meat. That's too bad and sad that it's come to this. Yes, a thank you is definitely in order.