Sunday, July 22, 2012

I fell asleep!

I had intended to post yesterday so that I could split up just how much I was about to throw at you card-wise, but after downloading & editing my pics I desperately needed to lay down. Getting up at 3 AM has that effect - and although I woke up for a brief period about 4 PM to put away groceries, that was all she wrote until 9 PM. Quite the nap (about 6 hours)! And that was after 4 large cups of coffee & one iced one on the way home...yikes. Must have needed it.

Just like last week, I'm squeaking in at the last minute with my entry for CASology. I had lots of ideas for this prompt, but ended up making a few pieces of pretty recycling first, generally by smearing ink somewhere. That's the problem with CAS (in my humble opinion, lol) - I'm not a very careful crafter, but usually my style allows me to embellish over that sort of boo-boo! That said, I'm pretty happy with what I ended up with:
Supplies: Mustard Seed Distress ink; Palette Noir ink;
sentiment from Stampin' Up;
standard small circle Nesties;
metal arrow & brad from stash;
heart flat-back button from Dress it Up;
heart stamps on envelope from Paper Smooches; Barn Door distress ink
Initially I used a mask to sponge the yellow circle, but I made a big yellow smudge when I lifted the mask. So, I said some bad words, and used a smaller die to salvage the sponged piece. When I grabbed a new card base, I decided to change the layout - and this is way better than the centred layout I used at first. It's very hard to see, but I've rounded the top left corner. 
Here's the cue card
 
The linky closes in just a few hours, so if you're playing along you've got to hurry!

This next card also works for CASology, I think - birthdays are a happy occasion, and I think I have successfully incorporated quilling on a clean and simple card. Holy moly! I was inspired by the current Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World to use triangles, and these colours. I picked the closest colours I had in quilling paper - using peach, pink, yellow, green, and blue - and varied which colours I used to quill the inside & outside parts of the triangle. 
Here's the Trigger image:

Supplies: quilling paper;
Martha Stewart score board;
London Fog Memento ink;
sentiment from Hero Arts;
triangle on envelope from Paper Smooches;
distress inks - spun sugar, bundled sage, dried marigold, tumbled glass

As always, you can click to view the picture full-size. I've rounded the top corners, and scored one line above and three lines below the row of triangles. They are debossed rather than embossed since that was a last minute decision - and squishing all that quilling wasn't about to happen! This edition of the Tuesday Trigger is open until tonight.

Back in a minute :)
xoxo,
Jessi



12 comments:

Ardyth said...

These are both great - that quilling is an awesome take on the Trigger (I had such a hard time with that one!). And I love your sunny happy card - that arrow is too cute!

Ardyth said...

Oops - and I meant to say that I'm happy that you've played along with CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both cards are so fun, I love that quilling. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Unknown said...

omg that quilled border is awesome! LOVE your take on the challenge. what bad words did you say? huh? lol

My Paper Epiphany said...

Your quilled triangles are fantastic!

Lindsey said...

These are great -- you'll be a full-time CAS stamper yet! :P

Melissa Craig said...

Great CAS cards - love the quilling.

Jen W. said...

LOL! That was quite the nap attack! But sometimes they are sorely needed...

I am a prolific smudger. No matter how hard I try and check my hands for ink and wipe them off I always miss a spot and it always ends up on my card. *Sigh* Love the arrow and heart on your card and your perfect sponged circle! :)

You rocked this Trigger! It totally stumped me but your little triangles are awesome!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jessi! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

lostinpaper said...

Totally fab quilled take on the trigger and loving your bright circle of happiness! Great cards Jessi!

~Tammy~ said...

Trigger approach is awesome!!!!

Your first card is so fun!!!

Jenny said...

Well just look at that triangle pattern...quilled too and love the CASology card..... you're rocking the CAS designs lately :0)
jenny x