Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Seize the Sketch #20 reminder

**note to self - you have to hit publish in order to make the post show up. Facepalm**

I have my second take on Lesley's sketch for Seize the Sketch #20 to share with you - I scavenged some of those small strips of paper I hoard save for just the right project, and made a kid card:


Supplies: Stamps from Stampendous; papers from Bo Bunny; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink; classic small oval Nesties; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic; Bic Markers; twine from stash


I stamped, coloured, and fussy cut the spaceship, adhered the twine pieces to the back, and then coated it with a liberal amount of Dimensional Magic. Spaceships are shiny, right? RIGHT? :)

There's still time to play along with this sketch - you've got until Sunday!


xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Love this sketch, fabulous job with it. what a great kid's card. along with the publish button if you want it to post at 6.30 A.M. you have to change the P to A.

~amy~ said...

How fun is that twine detail?! great card:)

walchowDesign said...

Awesome card with the twine, Jessi!

jimlynn said...

Fun and cute, cute, cute! Love the twine coming out of the rocket. Fantastic card for any kid.
Lynn

Dana said...

Love your use of pattern paper with the sketch!! And twine fire!?!? Awesome!!

Lindsey said...

These are the perfect papers for this card! I'm sure spaceships are shiny at least to start... sorta like cars. ;) I think the baker's twine exhaust is brilliant.

Debbie said...

What a fun kids card!! Those are perfect sentiments!
I know my spaceship is shiny, so I'm sure they all are! ;)

Marie said...

What a FAB kids card, Jessi. Guess I'll have to CASE this one.

Angela said...

Darling card...great use of scraps...love the shiny rocket!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Spaceships are DEFINITELY shiny! This is so cute, Jessi. :) Love those hoarded strips...working perfectly with the rocket.

Hope your facepalm didn't leave a mark. ;)

Greta said...

Terrific use of the sketch, Jessi! Love the glossy spaceship!