Sunday, July 13, 2014

Quirky Crafts Challenges - Reminder Post

Welcome to the mid-challenge post for the current Quirky Crafts Challenges Christmas in July challenge! (That's a lot of challenge. lol!) Besides making a Christmas card, we'd like you to use Dies or Punches when creating!


For my card this week I've used the 12 Days of Christmas - Day 4 digi stamp from Delicious Doodles, from Stitchy Bear Stamps, this fortnight's sponsor: 


Supplies: digi image from Delicious Doodles; paper from Memory Box; Spectrum Noir & Bic markers; PTI snowflake stamps & die; Versamark & clear EP; scrap blue vellum; Martha Stewart branch punch; Bow Easy; twine & bells from stash 




I've used both dies and punches this time, to create a little swag for the birds to nestle in. And I mean the decorating swag, not the ridiculous teenager "SWAG" that goes with YOLO and idiots. lol!

The bottom layer is three stamped, embossed, & die cut vellum snowflakes. I then added the punched branches, and topped it off with a loopy twine bow & some bells sewn in place. I love adding bells to Christmas cards :)

I hope that you can join in with this terrific challenge - and I thank the Quirky team once again for having me play along  :) You've got until July 19th to link up, and there are PRIZES! Just sayin' :)

xoxo,
Jessi

10 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful background with all the birds and I am in love with how you created the nest with the diecuts and the twines - simply terrific, Jessi!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Jessi. Love the twine bow and the Christmas balls.
Lynn

Dotty Jo said...

fabulous card! Jo x

Greta said...

How beautiful, Jessi! Love the bells!

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card, I love the simplicity and the beauty of it.

Andrea W said...

So very pretty! I love the image and branch details with twine. I'm definitely casing this card.

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous colouring yet again! Such a pretty design and image.

Angela said...

So pretty...I love the Christmas text and the hit of shine behind the embellishment cluster!

Dana said...

Fabulous card!!! I love your placement of the birds and the coloring! Whoa!! Gorgeous!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Four calling birds...
three fried hens
two chocolate Doves
and a beer....
in a...
TREE!

Fabulous! Love the swag.