Monday, February 22, 2016

Stamplorations Two-fer

I only needed two tries to make this card work - I wanted to combine the current theme, sketch, and CAS challenges at STAMPlorations, and I did it!


Supplies: STAMPlorations birthday sentiment; PTI 'dots' grid'; unknown floral stamps; Tim Holtz bubbles stencil; Twisted Citron & Mustard Seed distress ink; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics & Sharpies

I coloured the big blooms in shades of red to go with the twist for the CAS challenge, and as a single-layer card I think this qualifies as CAS - or at least it does for me, lol. 
There are three big flowers, 3 buds, and 3 grids, to go with the theme challenge of triplets, and I used the sketch as well. 
I masked the large flowers, coloured them, and masked them again to add the stenciling and then some yellow sponging to highlight. 



A brief health update - physio last week went horribly wrong, and a therapeutic technique that had been helping to relieve the pain ended up causing serious horrible pain. It's been a discouraging few days being back to where I started with this injury, but nerves are funny things. I know it won't take as long to see improvement this time around, but it's definitely frustrating being unable to do the things I enjoy (or even the things I need to do...my house looks like a tornado hit!) 

xoxo,
Jessi

4 comments:

Donna said...

Ohhh la la! That is sooooo lovely and pretty! Love the colours, the flowers...and THAT is my new favourite stencil!!

Pink Unicorn said...

What a gorgeous card, I love those beautiful blooms. Also hoping you feel better soon!! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

Becca Cruger said...

Gaaaaah! I love everything about this from the funky fresh flowers to the amazing background to the bright fun colors! Awwwwwmazing!

LauraJane:) said...

Very nice masking...my favorite technique:)) Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations!