Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Shopping our Stash #247 - You stamped with WHAAAA?

This is a super fun and unique challenge this week at Shopping our Stash - stamp with something not intended for stamping :) I tried a number of things - felt flower, sea urchin, bottom of a banana, cd case...and finally went with the lid of a nail polish bottle!


Supplies: Lil INkers sentiment and sun/cloud dies; Memory Box 'splat' die; distress inks; Versamark, clear EP, Palette Noir ink

I stamped the background onto watercolour paper and then lightly brushed with my water brush so as not to eliminate the double circles from stamping. 

So what other crazy things did we stamp with? Check out what the rest of my awesome teammates made!



And you have until Monday April 18 to come play!

xoxo,
Jessi


8 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Now the sea urchin sounds like fun lol, but a great choice to go with the nail polish bottle, love your fun design Jessi!

Barbara Godden said...

I had a few fails too but never thought of a nail polish bottle lol. Awesome job. Love the colours you used and the sentiment.

lauren bergold said...

hang on did you say "SEA URCHIN"??!?!??! boy, i bet he was MAD, lol!! nail polish lid worked brilliantly, btw... i love that you've done a rainbow "ombre" style background! so cool!

Chris Dring said...

Wait. What? A SEA URCHIN?!! Now THAT I'd love to see! In the meantime, this fantabulous creation is all kinds of amazing!! Love it!

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! Wouldn't look out of place over at the current Naughty or Nice Challenge... Where a little birdie tells me there is a DT Call in progress, Jo x

Donna said...

I am also curious about this sea urchin...and the bottom of a banana????
Ummmmmmmmmm I now have a really rude idea for an SoSS challenge that I will send to you privately LMAO

Lindsey said...

Such interesting first choices — obviously you may have to show everyone your rejects! ;) I will say that your final choice worked perfectly for this fun and funky card.

Chana Malkah said...

I will never again look at a polish bottle the same way. Great idea and a fabulous result!
Hugz,
Chana