Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Well, you have to start somewhere...

Supplies: paper-Basic Grey "Max & Whiskers"
ribbon: Offray, rub-on: 'merci' Making Memories
quilling paper: 1/8" and 1/4" from Lake City Craft Co.
It's miserably hot & humid here today, which delayed my getting around to finally doing this. 38 degrees Celsius is just wrong, especially when last week it was starting to be nice & cool in the morning & evening. Today was my first go-round with the new scanner, which I've discovered is easier to use than the old one, but takes less flattering images of my cards. The editing software isn't all that helpful either, at least not for someone as computer-impaired as I am, so I may just have to learn how to use the camera after all. We'll see how much the 'inferior' scans bother me - after all, I think I'm too busy comparing them to what I see on the professional crafty blogs, and I KNOW I'm not investing in a photo tent anytime soon. (I am prepared to eat those words, however).
And, edited to add, I managed to crash the computer 3 times trying to post yesterday - we'll see how often I manage to post if I don't figure out what I'm doing soon! If you got this far, the card above is for you - "Merci" for stopping by!
xoxo
Jessi

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

chuckled at how you titled this card on the linky....

Goofball today and always, for sure.

ah yes, I did the scanner thing too....times have changed eh? You are very clever and creative with supplies!

Thank you so much for linking up and helping me to celebrate my blogaversary. You always make me giggle.