Sunday, September 19, 2010

You are special to me!

Supplies: K&Co paper, "Citronella"; plain cardstock;
mermaid sticker from PSX; Hero Arts sentiment; rhinestone flourish from dollar store
Sakura Stardust glitter pen & Martha Stewart fine crystal glitter on the mermaid's tail
We had a grand time at the Fall Fair yesterday - the market was fairly well attended, though not as well as in years past. Still, a more successful day than I have had all summer, so I am not about to look a gift horse in the mouth! We watched the parade afterwards, and the boys made out like bandits on candy - they were the only kids sitting in that particular stretch of 50 feet or so, and most adults just don't dive for parade candy. I had a Ziploc bag in my purse, and they filled that & then some with what they collected - insane!


Supplies: Stamps from several Inkadinkado sets; ink "Faded Jeans" distress ink (Ranger);
background made by inking Cuttlebug embossing folder & then embossing
Then we headed off to the swan pond for feeding the ducks. I don't imagine there are too many weeks left before they head south, and I know all of us are going to miss feeding them. By this time of year, they tend to be pretty tame, and probably about a dozen were confident enough to eat right from Connor's hand. Riley is too timid to let them get that close - after all, they do scratch a little when they grab at your fingers. Even though duck season (not THAT way!) is coming to an end, winter's arrival means chickadee season! I almost enjoy that more, because the chickadees will land right on your hand to feed, and the sensation of holding a tiny bird is unlike anything else I've ever experienced.
xoxo
Jessi

No comments: