Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Shopping our Stash #114 - Colours or Woodgrain


This week at Shopping our Stash we have something a little different than the usual - a colour challenge. Sort of - we want you to use the colours, woodgrain, or even both. 


Gorgeous, right? I love those colours! Here's what I made:


Supplies: woodgrain paper from MME; rub-on sentiment from EAD Designs; big rhinestone from Dress it Up; Corner Chomper; quilling paper 

I've been quilling again lately - I find it comes & goes in my card making. I love how it looks, but it is definitely time-consuming. For this flower, half the petals are two-toned - this is done by using a lighter colour, and then joining a darker paper to the completed shape. Same thing for the leaves. When I do something like this - the shaped leaves - I just make a standard 'teardrop' shape, and let it dry. Once it's dry it's relatively easy to manipulate into the desired shape by folding/pinching/squishing and then gluing into place. 


Come & play along with this challenge until next Monday, August 19th - hop on by & leave the rest of my teamies some love!


xoxo,
Jessi

20 comments:

walchowDesign said...

I always love to see your quiling, Jessi! Love how the different tones of the teardrops!

Angela said...

Jessi, this is simply STUNNING!!! Love it!!! The quilling is fab and I love the colors...they're so pretty together. (My Mom used to quill when I was young...she made some beautiful projects. My friend is also a quiller.... Maybe I should try it!)

Grandma Bonnie said...

Oh my WoW..this is awesome, Jessi! I love your work!

lauren bergold said...

DUDE!!! you are single handedly making me want to learn *QUILLING*!!!! this is soooooo totally amazing and a brilliant take on the inspo, as well! ♥♥♥

ps: you know i still haven't heard from the JB winner... i will contact her today... sorry, it did totally slip my mind! :0

Dana said...

Love it!! Fabulous quilling, soooo pretty!!

Annette Allen said...

wow wow wow that is GORGEOUS.. your quilling is amazing..

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhh very nice!! Great job on the quilling, it's stunning!

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning card Jessi, I love these vibrant colours.

Lindsey said...

The two-toned quilling caught my eye right away... it looks terrific! What a great card.

jimlynn said...

The inspiration photo is gorgeous and so is this wonderful card. I would say clean and "simple" but know it's not simple at all! Love it when you quill and the colors are yummy.
Lynn

paige said...

Fabulous card! I'm in awe of your quilling! (I have the tool and that's as far as I have gotten!)

Leslie Hanna said...

Love the quilling! I'm going to try the two-toned look, as soon as I find my quilling supplies ...

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

This is truly an eyecatcher! I love the shape of your flower!!
Thanks for your nice comment on my blog... luckily the big heat is over here now!
Have a nice day! Uli

Chris Dring said...

The quilling alone is fabulous, but the two tone quilling? Major awesome!

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely stunning Jessi!

Melissa Craig said...

Ooohh one of my favorite color combos!

Dawn said...

This is gorgeous! The quilling looks amazing.

Cat Craig said...

Your quilling is awesome. Lovely color combination.

Jenny said...

You are one patient lady but then with stunning results like this I can see why!!! Is that actually neon quilling paper?? Such a bright green and I love how the colours pop on the natural base card :0)
Jenny

Unknown said...

Gorgeous color, technique and layout! Omg this must've taken forever!!