Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Shopping our Stash #115 - Your Oldest Hardware


Another in our continuing series at Shopping our Stash, to use up our oldest supplies! This week we want to see your oldest hardware - brads, eyelets, metal frames, ribbon slides - your oldest metal "thing." I have two cards for you - both of them have rivets, and here's the funny thing. I made this yellow one first (and early). So about a week and a half later I think to myself...gee, one rivet isn't a lot of hardware. I should make another card.

Remembering nothing but that one rivet, apparently, don't I then use a flower from the same pack, and the same sheet of rub-ons? And still only 3 rivets. *shakes head*


Supplies: papers from MME; EAD Designs rub-on; Mustard Seed distress ink; rivet & flower from stash; yellow glitter fabric paint (on flower petals)



Supplies: Bazzill cardstock; Susan Branch vellum scrap; EAD Designs rub-on; flowers, rivets, and ribbon rose from stash

Come & play along with this challenge until next Monday, August 26th - hop on by & leave the rest of my teamies some love!


xoxo,
Jessi

25 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Hey, I have a ton of that vellum!!! LOVE how you used the rivets/brads to hold it in place. Vellum vexes me.

Jen W. said...

I'm gonna have to play along this week. I have far too many eyelets and brads sitting around collecting dust!

Debbie said...

These are both great! I love big flowers!!
Too bad I'm probably not going to be able to play this week... I have a bazillion+ brads and eyelets!

Dana said...

Regardless of how many rivets you used, these cards are amazing!!! Just awesome colors and placement of the flowers, it all just flows!!

jimlynn said...

Both are bright and fun! Love all that yellow on the first one and that big flower on the second!
Lynn

Annette Allen said...

how pretty.. loving those big flowers...

lauren bergold said...

yeah, i know, my card has only ONE tiny eyelet on it, too! but it's literally my OLDEST eyelet, so there's a moral highground, lol! :)

in your case, you've made ♥TWO♥ astonishingly lovely cards which both make rivets look like they should totally be THE NEXT BIG THING!!!! so nooooooo apologies necessary! love 'em!!! ♥

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Jessi, both of your projects are just fabulous! Great composition and wonderful color integration on both! Very Nicely Done!
Hugz,
Chana, DT
Shopping Our Stash

Lindsey said...

Nothing in the challenge says you have to use a LOT of your oldest hardware. :P Both these cards have just the right amount.

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Jessi - I love both of these cards, but I especially love the yellow one. It looks so happy!!
Blessings,
Michelle

Dawn said...

Both are beautiful. I love the soft cheery yellow and elegant style of the first and the pretty torn vellum and layered flower of the second.

Hugs, Dawn

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous cards, love them both but very partial to the Yellow one, I love moncrhromatic cards. I have so much "old" stuff I wouldn't know what to use. lol.

Alica said...

Lovely flowery cards! Great use for old brads!

Chris Dring said...

I have collect a boat load of brads...and hardly ever use them. Might have to now! Your cards are gorgeous as always Jessi!

Darnell said...

Really beautiful cards, Jessi! I especially love the lemony creation!!

paige said...

Two lovely creations with big fun flowers!

Donna said...

Great cards Jessi!!! You mean you actually USE stuff in your stash??? Not collect...ahem...hoard like the rest of us??? Muahhhh ha ha ha

lostinpaper said...

A novel idea to use your stash.... must try it some time myself lol. Your cards are so pretty Jessi!

Unknown said...

Great layouts! I adore the floral vellum and torn edges of it. Love those big, bold blooms!!

yyam said...

Ahhhh...such sweet cards! :)

Marie said...

Great cards, Jessi. I have so many metal items in my stash, that I could put one on each card that I make and they would last for a 'gazillion' years. So what's wrong with this picture?

walchowDesign said...

Both cards are beautiful, Jessi!

Angela said...

Great cards! Why is it that people have stopped using so many brads? I love them!

Greta said...

I always think I don't really go for yellow, but wow--I love that first card, Jessi!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Wonderful CAS cards. The flowers are just the right touch! Really pretty!