Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Playing in Paradise #55 - Sepia

When I first saw this week's challenge over at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog  I thought about a few different ways the challenge could be interpreted. The inspiration photo lends itself to a sketch, there's the component elements of the photo, and obviously, sepia tones to work with. I made a little sketch, and then after I saw Allison's card using SU!'s 'Lovely as a Tree' I got stuck there :) 

Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "Little Black Dress;"
tree stamp from Stampin' Up!;
brads from Basic Grey;
sentiment from Hero Arts;
Versamark, Vintage Photo distress ink, clear EP;
Vintage photo & second-generation stamping for the tree image
You have until tomorrow (March 1st) to play along in the challenge! I'm really loving the variety of challenge ideas over there- check them out :)
I was up until well after 2 last night...my mom lives on the west coast, we're on the east, and that's a 4-hour time difference. I was lucky enough to have a good long (3 hours plus!) chat with her - but boy, is my bum dragging today!
xoxo,
Jessi

9 comments:

Jingle said...

This is SO pretty!

fairyrocks said...

Oh, I do so love those trees.
Beautiful as always.
Thank you for Playing in Paradise this week

Jen W. said...

Perfect stamp for the challenge and I like that patterned paper. I thought it was ribbon at first...

walchowDesign said...

Love your sepia style, Jessi!!

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card, this stamp set is a favorite. Thank You for Playing in Paradise this week.

Unknown said...

so so so so pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

The sepia trees is FAB Jessi! What s serene card, I love it!

kingstonmama said...

Pretty . . . I love the soft color scheme. Those trees really are lovely. ann

Lisa Arana said...

You captured the photo very well. The sepia tones are so pretty.