Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Fusion #5

Every week so far I've intended to play along with the Fusion challenge, and here it is, the first time. I've used simply the sketch - perfect for those teeny scraps I can never bear to throw away.

Supplies: papers from MME; Jennie Bowlin butterfly; Memento Gray Flannel ink; PTI sentiment; Corner Chomper
Really short & sweet - it is only 3:30 AM, and the cat decided to go climbing on Rob's dresser...she got caught in the alarm clock cord, fell, took the alarm clock with her, and then got stuck in the 'no man's land' between our dressers...which is full of boxes, a pillow, a guitar case, and even more cords. And naturally it was the deaf cat, so she couldn't hear me trying to guide her out of the mess. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe this is more effective than my usual alarm clock. It got me out of bed much faster!

Ugh. Coffee's ready now. Back after caffeination!
xoxo,
Jessi







14 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOL...I don't know if I'd want that kind of an alarm clock!

Awesome use of scraps on your card...love the colors and the one rounded corner! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion:)

jimlynn said...

LOVE you card Jessi! Great way to use scraps and the butterfly is so lovely.

I'll be smiling about your cat all day long! Poor you though so early in the morning.

Lynn

Angela said...

Simply stunning, Jessi! So glad to know there are others unable to let go of those small scraps....

Ally said...

Oh, goodness - what an awakening!! Poor thing!

Your card is so lovely. Pretty paper scraps, pretty colors, and pretty butterfly with gems. Glad you were able to join us at Fusion this week! ;-)

Lindsey said...

Another deaf cat owner. I think ours yells louder, just so she can hear herself. ;)
Such a sweet, delicate card -- perfect for Mother's Day!

Debbie said...

You need to write a book about your adventures!!
This is beautiful!!

Stacy said...

I really like this layout and I love the soft colors. My mom would love a card like this. Cats are a lot of fun, aren't they?

lostinpaper said...

CAS perfection Jessi!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Jessi!
So glad you joined in the experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

walchowDesign said...

I prefer my traditional alarm clock!

Great use of the scrap pp and love the soft blue!

Dawn said...

Oh dear! Betcha she never tries that again lol. Good thing for caffeine.

Your card is beautiful. Gorgeous colours and papers and a beautiful way to use up those little scraps.

Hugs, Dawn

~Tammy~ said...

I am with you girl! I save every last useable piece and that may not be a good thing because it's starting to look like hoarders in my craft room, but I always need small pieces for this or that.

Your card is gorgeous! I love the soft and soothing feel! I am a big fan of the one round corner too! :-) Love it!

Jenny said...

Haha! Now that's what I call a rude awakening:0) I would definitely need coffee after that alarm call !!!
Great challenge to use scraps for, sweet card :0)

Lisa Arana said...

poor cat! and poor you. Nothing like a wake up call from a distressed pet.

LOVE your scraps card. this sketch is perfect for that!