Monday, June 30, 2014

Shaped Fairy Card

When I saw that the current Sweet Pea Stampers challenge was shaped cards, I knew I wanted to use this particular image - originally I thought I would make the card by using the outline as a template for the card shape. Then I realized it wouldn't stand up. Darn physics. I ended up using the largest die in the Wonky Rectangles set to make my base.


Supplies: Sweet Pea digi stamp - Dream of Iris; Spectrum Noir markers; Sakura Stardust glitter pen; peacock feather; Wonky Rectangles spellbinders dies




I added glitter pen to her eyes & the iris centres, and then just on the 'shaded' areas of her hair - and used my finger to spread the glitter around her hair a bit. It gives a much softer shimmery look. I would have used loose glitter but I was making this less than an hour before I was planning to give it to Donna, my Snarky Sister :) No time like the last possible minute! Donna & her family were headed past us on vacation, so we met up & had a great time together at the zoo with our families. It is a crazy fun thing, meeting someone through blogging & hanging out in 'real life' - I totally recommend it!

It's hard to see in the pictures, but to make the card base I scored the fold line, and used washi tape to stick the die so that it wouldn't cut on the fold. I wanted to keep the wonky rectangle shape, so there is a bit of an opening at the top of the card but it still works :)

I also purchased 3 new images from Ching-Chou Kuik last week, so you'll see some more of these images shortly :)

xoxo,
Jessi

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this is amazing! Gorgeous colors. Thank you for sharing your shaped card at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous I sure wish I could see it better. as white on white is hard for me to distinguish right now. and I keep losing the curser lol.

Annette Allen said...

oh so AWESOME and love your coloring..

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

love that image. great colors too! I am going to have to shop where you shop!

jimlynn said...

Very creative and just beautiful! I love your coloring on that fantastic image too. Gorgeous card!
Lynn

Chris Dring said...

Amazing!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Darn that physics anyway! Great card, love the wonky rectangle card base. It holds things up but doesn't detract from the real beauty of your main image. LOVE the peacock feather in there. Wowzah!

Lindsey said...

Wow... PRETTY! She's a fairy, she couldn't just float without a card base? :D

paper fun said...

Very beautiful. Great image and I adore the peacock feather. So nice for her. I love the sparkly hair.

Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Pea Stampers.

Mari

Lozzy said...

What a gorgeous card, love the image you have used and the colours and sparkle are really pretty..Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

lostinpaper said...

The added feather really makes this card Jessi, it's wonderful!

Dana said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous!! Fabulous coloring and the added sparkle is awesome!! I love it!!

Donna said...

I have her on the shelf on the desk in my craft room so I can gaze at her longingly while I craft (but not colour)
Looking forward to our third annual summer get together next year!! Hee hee

Greta said...

How fun to meet a blogging friend in person & with both families! Bet she was overjoyed with this fabulous card! I think the Wonky Rectangle made the perfect card base. You know you can just cut 2 images, score 1/4 inch at the top of the back one & glue together if you want the entire die cut.