Thursday, June 27, 2013

Let's get Mixy & Matchy with a Pink Elephant!

Inspired by Lyndal's awesome blog post this morning, fun with titles!  I got so inspired by the Let's Get Trendy Now 3 series that I went out and bought some neon stuff for the challenge. And then of course, I couldn't decide what to use out of what I'd bought.

The sketch this week at The Pink Elephant was perfect for including everything. (Seriously - well, not every colour of cardstock, but I opened every package.) And this has ended up mixing so many fun patterns that of course I've got to pop it in the Mixy-Matchy challenge at Moxie Fab World. 


Supplies: washi tapes & neon cardstock from Recollections; Wplus9 banner dies; Adirondack Citrus ink; Squeezed Lemonade distress ink; argyle stamp from Unity & thanks stamp from Lawn Fawn - both from the super awesome Jen Wills!; Stampendous motif stamp; 1.5" circle punch; rhinestones from Dollarama; sequins from the fabulous Emily Leiphart!


I used the ikat patterned washi to create a solid sheet of paper to work with. The three flag tabs were created the same way - putting the washi on cardstock first, and then die-cutting it. You can just barely see the yellow Stampendous image on the argyle panel. It didn't really work by itself, so I stamped the argyle over top (without conditioning the stamp first - it's brand-spanking-new, but I wanted that distressed effect). 

So, challenges:

Mixy-Matchy at Moxie Fab World:  there's ikat, argyle, animal print, and chevrons. Check!

Let's Get Trendy Now 3: Neon: neon orange, yellow, green, blue, and pink. Check! 

The Pink Elephant sketch:

And now I've completed all 5 of the Let's Get Trendy Now 3 challenges - but I'm also right into all those trends, so expect to see a couple more kicks at the can! 
xoxo,
Jessi

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

Fantastic!!!!! Love all the bright and fun colors and the combinations work great together! Sequins!!!! WOW!
Lynn

Unknown said...

awesomeness! love the zebra neon :D

yyam said...

Oh my. This is sooooo pretty. Really love the mix of prints. :)

Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now!3.

Lindsey said...

What an amazing mix of patterns, colours... and great use of neon! You are just too trendy. :)

Chris Dring said...

Look at you, rockin' the neon! You go girl! Love your card!!

Donna said...

Ohhhh those bright colours are fan-freakin-tastic!

~amy~ said...

be still my heart.
i
love
this

lostinpaper said...

Makes me want to get out my 'new' neon inks.... yes, wham I did it (just the little cubes though lol). Love your fun card!

Sheri Gilson said...

What a FUN card! Love the bright colors! Thank you so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

~Tammy~ said...

Fabulous use of patterns and Color! I love it!

Lisa Arana said...

I adore those little flags.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeee this!! Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Trendy 3!!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jessi! Thanks for linking this up to the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)