Friday, June 14, 2013

little red wagon - 3 or more papers

This one feels like a dare! At little red wagon the challenge this week is to use 3 or more patterned papers on your card. Challenge accepted - and a bit of a break from the more masculine projects I've been working on.


Supplies: papers from Memory Box; vellum flower from Jolee's; sticker sentiment from Mrs. Grossman's; 1.5" circle punch; Corner Chomper

I can't ever bear to toss the ends of papers - I have scads of 1" strips (and 1" squares, and slivers...ahem) and this layout is perfect. I've left a smidge of white showing through between each pattern to break it up a bit, used different widths of strips (I didn't measure, just made sure they were trimmed evenly); and rounded one corner. Voila. AND, I even used the last vellum flower from that package. Now I need to go get another package of them...oh boy. I have a problem.

xoxo,
Jessi

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Great mix of patterned paper!! Love the vellum flower too - by all means, get more! We can always use them on something - right!
Fantastic card.
Lynn

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhh great way to use up scraps...I am the same way with cardstock and design paper, I just can't bear to throw it away!!
Love your card Jessi!!

Rosanne said...

Lovely card and great way to use the scraps! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

Lindsey said...

Very pretty. Your papers work together perfectly with that flower -- go get more! :P

Dana said...

Lovely card!! The pattern go great together, and thats hard to do!!

Emily Keaton said...

LOVE those pretty purple papers! Hurray for using up scraps (and embellies!)!

~Tammy~ said...

Love the papers here! Normally that's not an issue as I love to paper it up...The problem is fun crafty time to get in and paper it up. This would have been the perfect challenge, but your sure rocked it! Love that flower!