Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Kraft Journal + Tuesday Morning Sketches = Awesome!

So I LOVED this week's sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches - and decided to give it another whirl while making my card for this week's challenge at The Kraft Journal.  Burlap, felt, or twine....hmmmm....I don't have any felt. Burlap and twine it is!


Supplies: Echo Park phonebook paper; kraft canvas; gardening burlap; Spellbinders butterfly die & circle Nestie; Paper Smooches twine; Mrs. Grossman's sticker sentiment; OLD pearls from stash. 


I couldn't believe it, but my handy-dandy ancient paper cutter that I got for $3 years ago? It cut canvas. Colour me impressed! The burlap wasn't happy about being die cut, but I used scissors to trim the stubborn bits. There are 3 butterflies stacked & bent up for dimension, with twine wrapped around the body for antennae. There's also twine wrapped & tied around the sentiment flag - using the same sticker I used on my original card. I love how much texture is on this card - it just begs to be touched!

Both The Kraft Journal & Tuesday Morning Sketches challenges are open until Sunday night! Here's the sketch:


Now for the child abuse portion of my day...making the kids sweep the driveway while I mow the lawn. Oh, the drama. Something tells me they might not like my plans for their summer....*evil cackle*

xoxo,
Jessi

22 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Oh wow this is really pretty Jessi, I love the kraft colours and the layers you have created.

Stacy said...

It is beautiful and I like the layered butterfly. It gives an illusion of flight and the textures and newsprint work so well together. Lovely!

Stacy said...

Oh I missed the part of the fun time with your kids ; We are taking daily walks and they make it sound like torture but they always end up having fun.

jimlynn said...

Oh, your poor children!!! LOL! I remember those kind of days very well!

LOVE IT!!! The burlap, twine, butterfly, background.....everything is terrific!! So pretty.
LYnn

~Tammy~ said...

You crack me up!

You know I loves me a good Ol' Kraft card...& this is gorgeous! The girls at tKj will love it!

CarlaKH said...

Love this....can't go wrong with kraft!

Greta said...

Love the burlap in a circle & everything else you did! Great card, Jessi!

yyam said...

Love the earthy tones and texture with the burlap! And the layered butterfly!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhh that is absolotely gorgeous Jessi!!

Annette Allen said...

wow this card is gorgeous..love that butterfly and how you added the burlap... love it

Andrea W said...

I LOVE the natural elements and text paper. Very cool!

Dana said...

Whoa!!! I LOVE this!! I love the kraft i love the twine i love the burlap!!! Awesome awesome card!!!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Jessi, I love the burlap and twine :).

lostinpaper said...

I think burlap totally has a mind of it's own... thank goodness for scissors lol. Another beautiful card Jessi!

Lindsey said...

Wow, this is drop-dead gorgeous, Jessi! And, yes, ♥ all the texture.

Lisa Arana said...

oh my, look at that amazing texture!!! gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

Lyndal said...

LOVE, LOVE all that delicious texture Jessi - this would be PERFECT for City Crafter Clean & Neutral Challenge too http://citycrafter.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/city-crafter-challenge-blog-week-164.html

Lynn said...

Love this...the Kraft butterfly on the burlap adorned with pearls is such a surprising mix of textures. So sweet. I like how you stamped the sentiment slightly off the banner, very creative. Thanks for linking up the Kraft Journal blog with this project.

♥Jan♥ said...

The butterfly is perfect, and I loved your use of twine !! Thanks for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal !!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Hi Jessi! Loving this card! Your butterfly is just too pretty! I like the burlap under it...tres cool!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Be still, my pearl-loving heart! OMG, Jessi, I love this! Just pop it right in the mail whenever it's convenient for you (LOL). ;)

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS!!!