Monday, June 10, 2013

Seize the Birthday #18 - sorta....

So, we got a new printer, right? I'm back to printing out copies of sketches rather than hastily (badly) drawing them on scratch paper. One perhaps might think that that would mean a more faithful rendition of a sketch. One would be incorrect. Here are 2 cards that I made for the current Seize the Birthday challenge - both of which really TRIED to use the sketch. Truly, honestly, they did.


Supplies: image from Stamp Fairy - Barry Balloons; Bic markers; balloon paper from Bo Bunny (dotted paper unknown); My Favorite Things stacking stars die; classic small Oval Nesties; Stampendous Fun Flock; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic 


Fuzzy body, shiny nose & balloons. Cuteness! Alas, not the sketch. It does have stars, though.

This one doesn't even have stars! Sheesh. I was thinking 'two of the same shape in a different size.' Except I printed out the image & sentiment bigger than ideal for the concept...sigh.


Supplies: Dino digi image - unknown; Bic & Spectrum noir markers; sentiment from Pink Cat Studio; papers from MME and Bo Bunny; Labels 4 Nesties....

Again, the sketch:


We had such a fun & fabulous weekend - and I have SO MUCH TO DO and so much DONE to show you! It's a really great feeling :) Be right back with something that I am bursting to share :)
xoxo,
Jessi

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

BOTH of them are so cute and fun!!!! Makes me wish I was a kid again. Great job!
Lynn

Lindsey said...

Follow a sketch closely? How boring would that be? :P I totally see the sketch in the first cute one, and if I squint a bit, the second one works... and is also super cute! :)

Lisa Arana said...

these are super cute!!! and oh so fun. love how bright and colorful they are.

Glenda J said...

These are both super cute! Way to go! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my goodness, these are both way too cute! Just darling! You have the sweetest images!