Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tie a Holiday Ribbon....No.

I envision this as a Grumpy Cat thing. I could not get my ribbon groove on fer nothin' these last couple weeks. I'm not particularly happy with this card, and it needs a sentiment or something there on the left, but if I fiddle with it any more I'm going to break it! So, to keep my streak of participating in the Jingle Belles challenge all year going....cringe....here it is:


Supplies: Memory Box paper; Making Memories velvet ribbon (now THAT's pretty!); Prima chipboard embellishments

...and there's a whole 8 hours left in the linky! Scoot!
xoxo,
Jessi

7 comments:

lauren bergold said...

whaddaya mean, "cringe"??!?!? this is awesome, i love it! the deer is suuuuuuuuuuuper-cute, the soft colors are gorgeous, i LOVE the texty xmas background and the ribbon "grounding" the card is perfection. in short, this ♥ROCKS♥ missus grumpy cat. sorry, you will have to try again to make me say, "meh" b/c this one just AINT gonna do it!!! :) :) :)

Lindsey said...

Poor you. :D I think you'll like this card a whole lot better once you step away for a bit, then look at it objectively. It's sweet!

SmilynStef said...

Seriously .... the fabulous texty background with a little velvet ribbon road for your lovely reindeer ... I have to agree ... LOVE IT ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

JJ Bolton said...

First off, thank you for being perfectly honest, lol! I've totally been there:) Sometime you just gotta let it be:)

Secondly, I like it! I love the nontraditional colors and I'm a fan of the no sentiment look (sometimes the sentiment just looks superfluous). Way to make it work!

Debbie said...

Your BG paper already gives this a 'sentiment'! It is a great card! We are our own worst critics!

Colleen Dietrich said...

...and here I was thinking what a serene, lovely card it is! It's fine the way you left it, truly! YOu doth crack me up with your 'Grumpy Cat' thang.

Unknown said...

A deer sweet design :)