Sunday, June 26, 2011

Don't forget to enter...

...my blog candy draw! All comments for the month of June are entered, but ONLY if you have commented on the candy post as well so that I know to count your comments!

I want to say thanks for the sweet comments so many of you have left in the last few days - this week was a hard & stressful one, but it really does make a difference to hear from you. Thanks :)

Connor did so wonderfully at his Grade 6 graduation. When he got up to give his speech, his classmates were cheering him on - and that's when I cried :') He had a blast at the dance as well, goofing around & having an audience for his sweet moves. Every time he sort of eased out of the group, a different kid came to draw him back in - he is really included by the others. I posted a video of his speech on Facebook...and just now realized that I can post it here too. Awesome :)

*OK, after nearly an hour, the server rejected it. GRRRRRRRRR. And, a second time. So, I'll try again later but send this post to publish for now :)


Here's the script:

I remember grade Primary. (Mom's note: kindergarten) My fun event was drawing, 'cause I like doing it, and I liked to draw all kinds of stuff with Mrs. MacDougall. I drew a gift for Mom (she's over there). I liked Mrs. MacDougall, Mr. MacDougall, Mrs. Mackay, Ms. Gautreau, Ms. Lewis, and Mr. M. I have learned lots of stuff in school. I have been on lots of awesome class trips! By Connor B. Fogan.

I love that he acknowledges the audience's laughter. Of course I'm biased because he's mine, but he really did get cheers and laughter that the other speakers didn't. His classmates really do support him, and we are very lucky to have such a great group of kids. {Sniff}

How about a card, in amongst the mommy bragging?


Supplies: All papers from My Mind's Eye "Lime Twist - Fly a Kite;"
cuttlebug embossing folders; Tim Holtz design ruler;
Basic Grey button; Martha Stewart fringe scissors for grass;
Tree trunk template from melstampz.blogspot.com
 I freehanded the tree 'leaf' shapes on the back side of the papers, embossed them, and then cut them out, using different layers of foam tape for dimension. For the sun's rays I pierced holes using the Tim Holtz design ruler, and then stitched with 3 strands of lemon floss. By the time it came to choose a sentiment, I just couldn't narrow it down. Without one, the card could work for anything cheerful.

xoxo,
Jessi

5 comments:

Meg said...

Aw, what a sweet speech! No wonder you were so proud. :)

I am in love with your card...I love the embossing on the tree and of course your fabulous use of floss for the sun's rays!

Theresa said...

Hi again Jessi - I can understand how you feel about your son. I am not a mother, but a teacher and I cry my eyes out when my students have plays, or give speeches...I love it!!

I also love your card. I like the stitching - very cool technique. Have been meaning to try it myself.

Anonymous said...

Totally cute scene! Love that gorgeous lime green, doesn't it make the card look 'happy'! Sounds like you have had a massive week, hopefully you get a chance to relax & catch your breath very soon!

Emily Keaton said...

Sounds like your stressful week ended on a high note, Jessi. Connor did an awesome job with his speech and graduation!! You are right to feel so much pride.

Love that card--looks so cheery and peaceful! Your stitching rocks. :)

walchowDesign said...

Such a great speech done by your son, Jessi! Love the card which you made especially the three different layers of pp on the treee and the sun rays are just fantastic!