Wednesday, August 5, 2015

It's Hip to Be Square!

I've got two square cards to share with you today - when I make these super-embellished cards, I also make a little box for giving. No worries about squishing that way! The Paper Players are looking for square cards this week if you'd like to play along. Each card measures 5.25" square.


Supplies: Dreamweavers Crackle Embossing paste; Lil Inkers fringed flower die; Prima leaves; AC Thickers '40'; distress inks for watercolouring - dusty concord, seedless preserves, mowed lawn, broken china, peacock feathers; all other items from stash


I just coated a piece of paper with a layer of crackle paste using my fingers, and when it was dry watercoloured it. Super simple!


Supplies: blue flowers quilled by me; gem swirl & ribbon flower from Dollarama


The rhinestones & ribbon flower were a single-piece embellishment I got at the dollar store. A few snips and repositioning and it was perfect to pop up this card. 


xoxo,
Jessi

7 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Both cards are beautiful. I love your quilling.

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Two amazing creations Jessi!! LOVE the flowers on both of them!! I have no patience for that quilling!! LOL!

Lindsey said...

These are beauties — keepsakes for sure. And hmm, crackle paste looks like fun...

Peanut said...

Super awesome cards, Jessi! ICan't get over the fact you quilled... and so perfectly too. OMG! The crackle paste card is great...love the texture.
hugs Asha

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Wow - what a great collage card and your quilling on the second one really is a work of art! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Dana said...

Wow!! Gorgeous cards with lots of fabulous embellishments!! I particularly love the second with the flower and the quilling!!

Greta said...

Wow--these deserve a box for sure! So many beautiful details, Jessi!