Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Shopping our Stash #214 - Make a Spectacle of Yourself!


We've got another fun challenge for you this week at Shopping our Stash - spectacles! Either use some stuff from your stash featuring glasses (the spectacle kind) OR use the spotlight technique. I actually have quite a few things featuring glasses, and I stared at them for some time before coming up with a little tag card:


Supplies: Paper Smooches stamps; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; wood veneer glasses; black detail EP; classic small oval Nesties; button & twine from stash

I used a glue pen to cover the top of the wood veneer and embossed it with black detail EP, dipping it in the powder while still hot & reheating 4-5 times to get the nifty smooth shine. This is the first time these Paper Smooches stamps have seen ink too. 

So how can you make a spectacle of yourself? 

xoxo,
Jessi

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

super fun!

Leslie Hanna said...

CA-ute! I'm still trying to figure out how to make a card where I make a spectacle of myself. OH, WAIT, I'VE GOT IT!

Off to play!

Chris Dring said...

I don't think I have that PS stamp set. Go figure! This is a super cute card! Love how those specs look after all those heat embossed layers!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh I totally have Tom Jones in my head now....what's mew pussycat ooooh ooooh ooooh oooohh
LOL awesome card!
Love the bespectacled kitty!

lauren bergold said...

ok, see, i was going to ask, "where did you get those cool plastic glasses frames they are AWESOME" but of course you MADE THOSE from wood veneer and special embossing powder technique! you're just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too clever missus! love it!

lostinpaper said...

Too too cute Jessi!

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome and fabulous job on the glasses, your mind must run 24/7 to think these things up.

Jerrie said...

Oh man, I love eyeglass cards and this is so cute!!

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! This is just MEW cute!! :) Love your bow of twine! So fun!! Thanks for sharing!

Lindsey said...

Jessi! How can you not have used these stamps before??? Oh well, doesn't matter, because now you've used them so well. Love the big black nerd glasses, too.

walchowDesign said...

Aww...this is so mew cute!

Greta said...

Oh too cute, Jessi