Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Fairy for You


Supplies: Fairy die cut from Graphic 45;
clear microbeads & Martha Stewart glitter added to her wings with
Mod Podge Dimensional Magic;
paper from Basic Grey "Curio;"
tag die from Cuttlebug; ribbon & bamboo thread from stash;
'for you' (Studio G) stamped with Vintage Photo distress ink
So, yesterday when I was tooling around with my blog sidebar, and finally figured out how to add the labels there, I realized I don't have a single post labeled with "weddings." Very strange. It's not like I don't make wedding cards, but I guess I just haven't been posting them. I'll be making some in the next couple of days, so I'll have to post those.

I'm still having problems commenting on some of the blogs that I tagged in yesterday's post - Simplicity; Stampin' When I Can; Walchow Design; My Pink Mexico; Handcrafted by Tiffany; and Corgi Creations. I'm really not sure what's going on there, but all of them are blogs where the comment form is embedded beneath the post itself, rather than opening in a pop-up. Huh. I am not computer-savvy enough to figure it out, but I'll keep at it.

Speaking of lack of computer savvy, I also can't figure out how to reply to a comment! I know it's technically possible, but I can't figure out how. So, Lindsay, you're welcome - and I tucked away several packages of the 'clearance cards' and will save them for you to check out when I see you :)

I finished the patchwork-style baby blanket I was working on. It is simply gorgeous, if I say so myself. When I take this week's card photos I'll be sure to get a pic of this blanket as well. I even started the next blanket already - this one in pale yellow and white - and I have to say I've really been enjoying myself. It's a very portable craft, and I get lots of compliments. Hard to argue with that!

In the spirit of over-sharing...sigh...the doctor's office called a little while ago about my bloodwork from this morning. My CK level is very high, and instead of waiting for my Friday appointment, I need to go in tomorrow. Don't Google what it is. It indicates heart or skeletal muscle damage. The phonecall was also to tell me to stop my cholesterol medication immediately. I already took today's after the bloodwork, and if it would help, I would go be sick...I can't believe it's bad enough that it can't wait 2 days until my appointment, when generally it's impossible to get into the doctor in less than 3 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed that I can keep from freaking out - it won't help anything.

xoxo,
Jessi
(still freaking out a little)

2 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

That is a beautiful diecut chosen for your focal point! Lovely card! :-)

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this fairy card, Jessi! It reminds me that I need to cross stitch again 'cause I used to love making fairy-themed cross stitches!