Monday, May 16, 2011

Pink Cat Owls

Supplies: Owl stamp from Pink Cat Studio;
stamped with Palette Noir, coloured with markers, and 'feathered'
with Stampendous Fun Flock (Cotton Ball);
Tree template from melstampz.blogspot.com;
Paper from My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy "Tickled Pink;"
sentiment stamps from My Favorite Things;
misc. cardstock, Cuttlebug folder (for leaves);
Martha Stewart fringe scissors for grass;
Autumn Leaves rub-on (sun); googly eyes (what a lot of stuff!)
I think the owls are my favourite of Melissa's illustrations...and I love tucking these little ones from the Party Animals into a tree. And there always has to be more than one of them.

Emily asked me how old Connor is on my dentist post from last week...and I realized I'd never shown any pictures of the kids here. Odd, for how many stories I find to tell about them...speaking of which, this morning Riley brought me a pear from the fridge, but he was disturbed about something. "It's missing...it's missing...the antenna!" he finally spits out. Maybe the boys watch a little too much sci-fi when 'antenna' comes to mind more easily than 'stem!'

Anyhow, the boys are Connor, who is 12, and Riley, who is 11. They are 15 months, 8 days, 12 hours, and 57 minutes apart in age. Both of them were diagnosed with autism in 2003 - that was a crappy year - and both are in mainstream classes at grade level. And here they are:

Connor, Poppy, Grammie, and Riley
Christmas 2010

Sarah and Andrew - and I love them!
And Sarah said I could do this, if I also promised to share a 'normal' pic...

Judy (my stepmom), Dad, me, Nevada (my bro), Sarah, and Andrew
Well, what passes for normal around here, anyway :)
I'd better get some lunch before I have to go get the rugrats...I can't believe it's still raining. The yard is largely underwater, and I swear I feel webs growing between my toes. I don't think we've had nice weather once when Sarah's come to visit - it even snowed when she came in April. Come on, Nova Scotia can do better than that...but I'm not holding my breath, just in case.

xoxo,
Jessi

1 comment:

Emily Keaton said...

Adorable owl card, Jessi! I love how you've perched the one in the top of the tree. Great family photos!! I've got a 12YO too (daughter), plus an 8YO son. Life is never dull!