Monday, January 9, 2012

Flashback Friday 19.0 - CAS

Clean and simple? Hmm, not really my forte. I had to dig around, and found 2 from my first few months of blogging, complete with scanned/washed out pictures. Here's the very first one, from October 2010:

Original post here, with supplies

Besides wanting to go back & learn how to use my camera ages before I actually did, I think I might still be happy with this card. I do sort of want to reach in and ink the edges of the embossed panel & tag, though :)

Anyhow, if you'd like to play along over at Flashback Friday, poke around through your blog & find your first posted CAS card & link up by January 27. Have fun!

xoxo,
Jessi

12 comments:

Jenny said...

That's a really pretty sympathy card Jessi, I mean to play along with this challenge too as it's fun bringing older creations to the fore again:)
Yep back to school is both good for James and definitely good for me ;)
Jenny x

Allison Rankin said...

This is just so pretty...I love that image (so much coloring!).

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Oh, there´s nothing wrong with this card - it´s very, very pretty and heartwarming!
I think I´ll play along, too...
Have a nice week!

Hazel (Didos) said...

I like your card it looks great and is super as a sympathy one, thanks for sharing and playing along on Flashback Friday 19.0, Love Hazel (Guest DT x)

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, this is amazing, Jessi! I wouldn't have been able to tell if this was current or past so it's standing the test of time. I think you need to do CAS more often! ;)

Anonymous said...

Super pretty! The embossing is perfect! Yay, for CAS!

Unknown said...

cas is a great look for you! i love this...it's beautiful :)

Emily Keaton said...

Hey, Jessi! That's a flashback? Could have fooled me--it looks amazing! I love your idea for this, and it really does make a great sympathy card. I hope to play along with the flashback challenge later this week!

Meg said...

Haha, yes, I cringed at some of my early (and sometimes not-so-early) pictures, too! This card is fabulous, though, I like the white embossed background myself. :)

Guess what I got in the mail today?!? An envelope filled with poop and pee references!! I am in love with my card and even Mr Corgi commented on how perfect it was for me! Plus paper piecing the envelope?!? You spoil me!

~amy~ said...

check out all that fussy cutting...I think your card is fab!!!! Thanks sooooooo much for playing with us at Flashback Friday!!!

Jen W. said...

Funny how far we've come huh? This is a challenge that's on my list to try for the new year.
Love that diecut!

Merry said...

Beautiful flowers you have used on this card....lovely CAS.