Sunday, March 10, 2013

Design Team Throwdown at Smeared & Smudged!

Pardon my super-foggy self this afternoon...I think I may be coming down with something. I slept from 2 PM yesterday right through until 9 AM this morning, and let me just say that skipping meds and eating? Not so much good for the diabetes. 

ANYHOW, while I was sleeping life went on (as my husband likes to remind me, lol) and I've got a super-fun challenge to tell you about - the Smeared and Smudged forum is hosting a Design Team Throwdown, and the Drunken Stampers are totally taking it on! Each team gets to enter 3 peeps each round, and being the drunken stampers we are we all threw our hats in to see what we could come up with - and what works better with drunken stamping than the 'artistically messy' theme of PAINT & SPLATTERS?! 

And here's the part where it gets fun: starting Monday, we need your votes! It's easy & free to register at Smeared & Smudged, and you have until Friday the 15th to vote for your favourites :)

Here's my project:

Supplies: Distress Crackle Paints in frayed burlap, antique linen, and walnut stain; vintage photo distress ink; Mister Huey white mist; Dress it Up! heart button; stamps from Unity

And a close-up of the crackly effect:

I first sprayed the white mist after the crackle paint dried, but got more coverage than I wanted. I wiped it with a tissue which emphasized the crackling (unintended but awesome!) and then undid the mister & used the tube to drip the mist around instead. Ta-da!

xoxo,
Jessi

19 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous background! Love the crackle. Still giggling at the sentiment. Great work. xxD

walchowDesign said...

Hope you are feeling a little bit better today, Jessi! Fun card.... love the crackle bg!

Lindsey said...

Hope the marathon sleep helped you shake off whatever you're getting, Jessi. Fun card! Great background.

Lyndal said...

FAB card Jessi - love the sentiment LOL!

mark gould said...

lol, great fun, I really like the texture in the bg

Emily Keaton said...

Awesome!! I hope you are felling better today!

Unknown said...

awesome card! don't like that you had a crappy dsy though :(

Dana said...

Oh my gosh!! Awesome card!!! I love the sentiment and esp the crackle and splatters!!! Hopfully tomorrow will be better!!!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

We can all use one of those cards every once in a while! Lol! So funny and clever!

lostinpaper said...

Fun fun fun, I love this stamp so much that I bought it recently and it's so really got to meet ink... love your crackle bg too!

Suzi McKenzie said...

Such a fun card, hope your feeling better today
hugs
Suzi
xxx

fairyrocks said...

This is funny Jessi, it would make anyone smile. I hope you feel better soon. Take care of You!! Going off to vote now :)

blackdragon said...

Oh yes.... my sort of card..... Good luck in the throwdown. BD smeared ink DT.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

what a funny card. enjoyed your post.
susan s

~Tammy~ said...

Doesn't that just figure you would be icky on break! Especially when you need the energy the most. That is how I was over Christmas with a house full of guest and it carried on way past their departure. I had one of those days where I slept and slept. I NEVER do that.

Your card is awesome! I hope you have it to yourself! :-) It's so funny, and I love when you make a card with this set. Great background! The heart button just puts it over the top! :-)

jimlynn said...

Sensational!!!!!!!!! Love everything about this!
Hope you start feeling better!
Lynn

Jen W. said...

LOL! Love this stamp set - it's been on my wish list for a while. The crackle looks so cool and whoop whoop for happy accidents!

Jenny said...

I love that background, it looks like an old piece of wood and this stamp set always makes me laugh :0)
Jenny x

Darnell said...

Hey, Jessi! I've had a fun and inspired time scrolling through all the wonderful creations I missed while I was gone and, full stop. You know this was gonna be the one that got my full attention and comment!!

However many ways there are to say love, that's how many get to be applied to this crappy card! The best, the absolute hysterical best! And it wasn't easy topping the yellow snow!!