Monday, March 18, 2013

Easter Lilies

It's a trifecta of challenges today - with a single rather simple card! I also wanted to show off another way to use one of my crocheted mats. White is by far my most frequently used colour.

The Pink Elephant has an Easter challenge on this week - it's open until next Sunday. Catered Crop is having a Flower Power challenge - open until March 30. And Doodle Pantry is having a challenge to use one of their images, not just a sentiment - open until March 24. I just *had* to buy this set, Lily Collection, while I was already shopping thanks to my TMS teammate Debbie.


Supplies: Doodle Pantry lilies, pre-coloured digi stamp; lacy circle & classic small circle Nesties; foam tape; Corner Chomper; ribbon from stash; yellow Stampendous Fun Flock; crocheted mat.

I printed out two of the digi images, and fussy-cut one of them so I could pop it up on foam tape for dimension. I also added a little bit of yellow Fun Flock to the stamens for texture. The ribbon is tied right through one of the loops on the die cut.

A closer look at the fuzz & dimension.

There's still time to enter my giveaway if you'd like to win some crocheted mats to play with - click here for that post!  It's open to anyone worldwide, and you do not have to be a follower to enter. 

xoxo,
Jessi



28 comments:

jimlynn said...

CAS and gorgeous! What a beautiful image and way to highlight it with the crochet mat. So very pretty.
Lynn

Annette Allen said...

wow this is totally stunning.. I love it

JJ Bolton said...

Wow, that's gorgeous! That's one of my favorite flowers of all time:) Of course, it looks even more feminine and beautiful matted like that! That flock looks amazing! I've never used flock believe it or not. I think I'm missing out;)

Hope you're having a wonderful week! I'm just trying to keep afloat here. We have the great idea of moving at the end of the school year (great idea, right!) and it's crunch time. Wish me luck (and multiple cocktails, lol!). Hugs!

Unknown said...

Oh so pretty!

Lindsey said...

Very CAS, and so pretty! How could you not add a little flocking to the stamens? Awesome colouring, too.

Unknown said...

gorgeous. stunning. sexy. perfect. it's official, i'm hitting on your card.

Greta said...

Lovely card, Jessi!

lostinpaper said...

So elegant Jessi. You've just reminded me that I have some fab digis to play with myself, thanks for the push lol.

Pauline said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the doily!

Marie said...

Stunning card, Jessi. The image looks great on your beautiful doily. The textured stamens are FAB.

Emily Keaton said...

I gasped when I saw this stunning card, Jessi!! Your lily-white crocheted mat is a perfect match for that lovely lily image. Perfectly simple and perfectly beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Wow, this is stunning! Your coloring on the flowers is beautiful, and I love the crocheted mat! What a great idea to just have the crocheted edge. That keep the bulk down that you normally get from an entire doily.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card! I love the crocheted mat. The scallops really set off the lily beautifully. Thanks for joining us for the Doodle Pantry challenge!

walchowDesign said...

Wow! Your lily is beautifully colored and it looks even more beautiful with your crocheted scallop, Jessi!

Debbie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Jessi!!

Debbie said...

Oops! Forgot to add... you're welcome!! ;)

Glenda Atkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card, so elegant!Totally love the crocheted mat.. Thanks for joining us at the DPDC#32!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I am loving your card! It is stunning with your coloring, that beautiful crochet mat and pretty ribbon. Such a beautiful CAS card! Thanks for playing at DPDC#32
Hugs,
Georgia

Jenny said...

Love how you shaded the lilies, such beautiful flowers.
The white on white suits them well :0)
Keep forgetting to say that I used some of my crochet mats on family Christmas cards but as always life was to busy for photos, they were well recieved :0)
Jenny x

Glittered Paws said...

Pretty pretty - love the crocheted mat and love the white on white what a beautiful Easter card. Thanks for joining us at DPDC this month.

Alex said...

Good luck to the challenge!!!
Come on my blog ... and if you want you can be a new member!!

Crafty Hugs, Alex

Chris Dring said...

Ok, my jaw is sitting in my lap. Jessi, this card is absolutely stunning! AND you used my favorite flower! Love love love!!!

Unknown said...

Your lily card is beautiful! I love how you showcased the lilies on top of the beautiful crocheted mat. Thank you for joining us for DPDC32!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Gorgeous card and the crocheting is beautiful! I love that set with the lilies also. Thank you for joining us this month at the doodle pantry challenge

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful Easter card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!
Sheri-TPE DT

Carol said...

A beautiful card, love your crocheted mat. I saw it a Catered Crop. Carol x

Jen W. said...

LOVE the way you used your crocheted mat here especially that gorgeous ribbon tied through it! And you're rockin' all these digi images these days!